Who in the GTA has been doing the 2.7T K04 upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who in the GTA has been doing the 2.7T K04 upgrades?

Just wondering what mechanics locally have the experience, might be going this route sometime after the summer.

TIA
Aman
Old 03-21-2004, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Who in the GTA has been doing the 2.7T K04 upgrades?

There's at least one guy running K04s in the audigt group, IIRC.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:25 AM

Default I think there's the silver stg3 s4, but there have been others done aswell (scottW, etc).

Aswell as a few that don't normally post here. I think Billy at BBR has done it, as well as the guys at H2sport (I might be thinking brakes here though).

Who's doing all this work?
Old 03-21-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Downtown Fine Cars did mine (talk to Mark Wong - head of service) more..

My service adviser is James.
The Head of Service is Mark Wong.
They did a great job with my AWE Tuning Stage 3 with exhaust Headers.
They also did my:
- RS4 intercoolers from Achtuning
- Spec Stage 2 clutch
- AWE LW Flywheel (wouldn't do this again)
- StopTech brakes
- KW Coilovers
- adjustable upper control arms (I had these removed and would not recommend them for use in Canada as grit from the road gets into the exposed ball joints - not a streetable product)

The name of the mechanic that did most of my work is Paul - very good guy. He however did not do the turbo install - that guy left. However, installing KO4 turbos is no different than installing KO3 turbos so no big deal.

I believe Scott, the current owner of the beautiful Nogaro RS4 widebody, had its work done at Pfaff Motors.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I know of two, a yellow k04 s4 and a nagaro

the yellow one had very basic mods plus the k04s, and at the time that I saw it the owners said it wasn't running correctly and they needed to software.

The blue car was amazing, It had EVERYTHING done to it. IIRC, cage, Fikse rims, I think it was widebody also, fully built engine, brakes etc...

I think Pfaff Autowerks did one of the cars. I had one install done by them and I wasn't very happy with the results. I will have to talk to the manager and others to see if it was a mistake or that is just that way that the place runs.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:24 PM

thanks! What kind of part were they installing?
Old 03-21-2004, 04:25 PM

Default Sweet!! You aren't the first person to recommend downtown finecars to me....

The guy I bought my wheels from also recommended them. I'm definitely going to go pay these guys a visit.

thanks again
Old 03-21-2004, 05:37 PM

Default one more ? did they charge you standard dealer rates?

I mean, audi techs are paid what? 80 or 90 an hour? Is this the rate they charged you for your install, and in the end approximately how much did labour run you? I understand that if you're a longterm customer they probably hooked you up with a better deal.

Lemme know (email if you'd prefer please).

Thanks man
Aman
Old 03-21-2004, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default intercooler. charged me WAY way to much for the install.

I know how long the install should take (as many people have done it) and they charged me almost double the time. I wasn't happy to say the least.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:12 AM

Default for my ko4 AWE kit install, i negotiated a price (more)...

It was the first time they did something like this so we both agreed that a little could be taken off the price.
You can call AWE tuning, but I believe they charge 5 days labour.
My car was done in about 3 1/2 days + I also had StopTechs put on at the same time which added another 1/2 day.
It can be done faster, probably two full days, but everyone wants to do it slowly so that nothing gets screwed up.
If something goes wrong, the engine has to be pulled again and the cost will skyrocket - so approx 32 hours to do install correctly.
I went to the dealer, because I wanted someone who knows how to work on an Audi.
I have not tried to hide in any manner what I have done to the car so I have a good relationship with everyone at the dealer.
I was looking for a competent mechanic to work on my car and I was willing to pay for it.

Quick Reply: Who in the GTA has been doing the 2.7T K04 upgrades?