Would you be pissed if a salesman did this to you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you be pissed if a salesman did this to you?

So I went and test drove the Q7 a couple days ago in a certain dealership in Markham. Was approached by this "semi" aggressive Chinese salesman who kept on telling me how good the lease rate is when I want to purchase it. Went for a test drive and talked some numbers. Left my number and all was good.

So yesterday I went to Pfaff to check out their used one. Due to our budget, we decided to go with this one. Thanks to Afretes and the other Alex at Pfaff, we were able to get a good deal on this one. (Trust me Alex, if you had a black one, I would have been there)

Last night, I received a call from the Salesman. So I told him what happened. And he tried to sell me this same one in a different colour that they had. I asked if they could match the price, he wouldn't confirm. (not that I wanted that colour anyways) So then he went on and said, "So I was just the test pilot huh?". I was shocked to hear that comment. I mean, I have been sales for half my life. If I got upset over every customer who walked out on me, I don't think I would be living by now. Anyways, I sensed the conversation was going no where. And ended it with a thanks for your time and we appreciate blah blah blah. And he hung up on me as I was saying Happy Holiday... (Not sure if it's intentional)

I didn't sit well with me, so I sent him an email about my displeasure. And his reply was,

"Hi Elton, All the best to you and your family, and have a wonderful 2009. Sincerely. Admond."

No apologies, no mentioning of what happened. Am I overreacting? It's Christmas, I suppose I should just let it slide...
Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default asses are at every company

but incidents like this often leave a sour taste in our mouthes and associate it with the brand.

part of me says to escalate it to his manager .. part of me wonders why we should have him get in crap
Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd just forward it on to maybe the manager there and perhaps AOC

And just leave it at that. Feedback is good, whether it's negative or positive, it'll help them in the long run.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is minor, let it pass, its CHRISTMAS! Enjoy your new ride!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I think....

an arsenal of eggs, cantelopes, tomato's and fish should send a good mesage...

But on a serious note, send him a reply wishing him customers only as good as his sales and networking skills. OR just write a letter to the dealership managment stating the alienation you experienced by such a character, and complain on the lack of intra-personal relationship building qualities the character posesses, and that it will hinder and reflect in the over-all sales figures if such behaviour continues. Tell them that such qualities reflect on the face of the dealership as a whole, and it puts their hiring regiment under scrutiny for potentially not being able to select suited candidates correctly to display the product effectively and respectingly...

As a friend (Mr. Fretes), once told me "It's all about customer service."

But if none of that works for you, take a glass of water, drink, breathe, look at your family, tell 'em you love them, and reflect on all the good things this Christmas holiday. Hope it helps.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let it slide... on a different note, congrats on your find and you'll find the "other" Alex to...

be a nice guy. I've known him for years.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Salespeople with that type of attitude don't last, I bet you he jumps from dealer to....

dealer and from brand to brand every 3 months. I've seen this type of guys come and go through our dealer. They have no commitment and no passion, it is a simple job for them.
My $0.02 : )
Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Let it slide... Life's too short. Beside it's only a vehicle.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

He claims to be with Audi for a long time.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You guys are a bunch of pussies... escalate this to the manager for the sake of ALL Audi dealerships

and just to make yourself feel better. But I just got into a scrap with the wife so I might be in the wrong frame of mind! hehe

Quick Reply: Would you be pissed if a salesman did this to you?