Zomg... snow... cancel everything... drive slow... blah blah...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's an idea... How about slowing down as well?

Yes the slow drivers and annoying, but so are the ones who "think" they're in total control.

The dumbest drivers on snow days like this are the impatient ones.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default in my opinion, if you feel you got to Drive Very slow, take right lane>>>

KEEP the distance, & you will get there.
BUT when some one, goes in left lane or better yet
take TWO lanes, becouse they feel unsafe...and think every one has to drive same way they do...
do not start stoping till the last possible second,
spinning wheels from the Lights, changing lanes with out signal, and or even checking if any one faster is in THE OTHER lane, DO not Clear the snow of their Car, exept small hole,....
i do not have more Time. my lunch is over.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree with everything you say.

But who's more likely to cause an accident?

The person driving very slow at the front blocking traffic? Or the impatient people rushing to get around said idiot?

It's snowing, it's going to take longer to get where you're going. Accept that fact and relax. I cannot believe how bad weather magnifies people's impatience.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i cant say i do not agree, but stil there are slow drivers, and there are Fools...
Old 02-07-2008, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There's a difference between "rushing/in a hurry" and "this is the pace I want to drive.

I wasn't in a rush to get to work. I was however, not going to sit there for 100km's doing 50km/h when there is more then enough grip to be doing 70-80km/h.

If I was 'impatient', I wouldn't have spent 8 minutes walking through the snow around the car cleaning it all off and scraping off all the windows. I would have been like the dumb bish I saw at lunch today driving her SUV with a patch about 11x17 scraped off on the windshield, talking on her cellphone, driving around town.

Bad weather doesn't make me impatient... it makes me angry that Canada/Ontario doesn't have stricter driver training, requirements for proper tires (Ok... not a snow-tire debate, but atleast have no-seasons with GOOD tread depth!), requirements for people to carry a spare bulb set (Like in France) so that when a headlight or tail light goes out, they replace it immediately. Or how about requiring manufacturers to implement warning systems in vehicles to tell the driver that they have a burnt out bulb (seen too many people this winter with 1/2/3[all] brake lights burnt out). I mean, ****, my '88 Audi has this technology... it can't be that hard to design and implement into new cars.

And don't get me wrong... if you're that guy who's spun out, gone off the road, stuck in a snowbank, etc... I'm that guy that stops, asks if you're alright, tries to help when I can (always carry a shovel and towstrap).
Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I know and I agree

But being frustrated/angry behind any of the morons you've referred do can lead you to make rash decisions.

Everyone's limits are different. You may feel safe at 80 whilst someone else feels safe at 60. When there's 6 inches of snow on the ground it's best not to get worked up over it.

Still, bad drivers drive everyone nuts.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Very true
Old 02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

ya but if he is talking about hwy7 then i agree with him, it is wide enough to be able to do 80.