APR Motorsport update per non-finishing of cars at Mid Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Motorsport update per non-finishing of cars at Mid Ohio

Leslie told me today that she had mentioned to many who asked that the APR cars both suffered engine failure at Mid O.

This was inaccurate, as crash damage was the cause of both failures. Mark was caught up in a two car (in front of him) incident that damaged the radiator and left from end of the car, causing an early retirement.

Ian was hit by an RX-8 driven by Samuel Stuard at turn 5 while making a pass (Ian was in front). This bent the tie rod so badly on Ian's car, there was no way to continue.

Just setting the record straight, as Leslie asked me to. Leslie and I were texting back and fourth during BHF this weekend and something was lost in the short hand, causing the confusion.

Just a heads up.

Mike S
Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Is this different?

I have a GTI and I really like APR products so I'm just trying to keep up. Nothing meant otherwise.

=======================
Posted (06/22/2008) - LEXINGTON, Ohio (June 22, 2008) - What started out as a sunny day at the races then turned to soggy, for the field and for the #181 APR Motorsports team, Sunday at the Grand-Am KONI Challenge Series Street Tuner race at Mid-Ohio. After a successful and competitive practice session and a fast qualifying run, co-driver Mark White started in the fifth position, giving notice that he is a driver to watch. During his stint, Mark continued to drive well and had a great battle going on with veteran Peter Cunningham and others for fifth place. The competition would be short-lived though as the car started to lose power.

"The weekend started out so well. Mark qualified in fifth, our highest so far, and then ran a great stint, keeping in touch with the leaders the whole time. He said he began to notice that he was losing power under yellow. After we pitted for the driver change, the car seemed okay under yellow, but on the restart we lost power really quickly and that was the end of it. The car died from heat exhaustion. Another great opportunity at a good finish that didn't come to fruition. The APR Motorsports team continues to improve though. Our cars are getting faster and faster. Our teammate Dion von Moltke ran the fastest lap of the race. We continue to show great potential. Next race!!"

"I would like to thank my personal sponsors Team Janica Racing, Prairie Hills Motorsport Club, ChaseCam, and saferacer.com for their continued support."

Earlier in the week, Randy flew out to California to test cars for Motor Trend's Best Handling Cars issue.

"Testing went very well. I tested ten great cars including the Audi R8, a Super-Charged Shelby Mustang, and a Nissan GTR. I loved every minute of it."

The issue will be out on stands in the Fall. More info to follow. Also, Randy will be celebrating his "29th" birthday this week. Happy Birthday Rocketman!

The Mid-Ohio KONI Challenge ST will air Saturday, June 28 at 2:00 PM ET on SPEED. The next race for the KONI Challenge will be July 5 at Watkins Glen International, when both the GS and ST classes race in conjunction with the IndyCar Series. The next World Challenge race will be back at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course July 18-20.

Thanks for following friends!<ul><li><a href="http://www.randypobst.com/index.cfm?template=news&amp;form_news_article=1&am p;news_id=3411">http://www.randypobst.com/index.cfm?template=news&amp;form_news_article=1&am p;news_id=3411</a</li></ul>
Old 06-25-2008, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Trouble maker.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yah, it is. A) I didn't write Randy's release and B) Randy's release was written and posted before

a post race analysis of the motor failure and data, which was done Monday.

The crash damage from Mark getting hit in the race incident caused a coolant leak that caused the motor to fail later while Randy was driving.

I do not write Randy's releases, a women named Jennifer Schwartzout does and she does so via an immediate phone call from Randy from the circuit. Randy told her simply what he knew immediately post race. Her release was posted Sunday afternoon, mine was posted on Monday night.

Perhaps Randy or Mark, who are very well liked and long time friends with many in the ACCCC (and have spent thousands of their own money coming to ACCCC events) can explain how things like this work to you, in case you don't get what I wrote. They are both really impressed with your constant attacks and birages.

You certainly amuse yourself and waste a lot of time by continually originating posts taking jabs at others online.

I'm sure you'll hide behind this "I was simply asking a question" crap you always do, but as no.radar pointed out before I even posted, you are simply trying to stir something up. Your history of starting stuff like this speaks for itself as well. This time you've insulted/challenged two very well liked pros who have done a ton for the ACCCC and the ACNA. Good job.

Pointless other than ego satisfaction on your part. Why a married man with kids, let alone a lawyer who should bill substantially, would waste his time on crap like this, I don't get.

I guess you've never read two accounts of the same incident before. Happens all the time, as a lawyer should know. In thus case it happened when Randy's release was sent out before all the information was known.

Thanks for the time waste.

Mike S
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Mike, I've told you before I'm interested in following this Koni Challenge series.

It is cool that there is a club connection and, as I've told you in the past, I like the cars. In fact, I hope to attend the race in Iowa. The only reason I knew about Randy's press release is that I sought out the results of the race and did not see the Pobst/White car listed on the official page so I looked elsewhere.

There is no insult. I am simply a noob race fan. I apologize that you were offended.