Blackhawk

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackhawk

First of all, big thanks to all who attended the event. Those who didn't make it missed out on a very good time.

To all those who helped out (in countless ways) with the prep and execution - I cannot thank you enough. It would not have been successful with you guys. You all stepped to take care of all the 'no glory' jobs that need to be done that go un-noticed on the day of the event. I noticed, and I thank you for it.

I am very happy to hear all the great feedback from the students about the instructors. You all did a great job! We may need to have a discussion about dialing it back to 13/10ths when you have a student in the car but that's another discussion for another day. I'll come up with another slide ;-)

Bill - Thanks for everything - thanks for getting me drunk on good wine and then dragging me back to the hotel in time for a good nights sleep.

Mike
Old 08-16-2004, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default TJ: When are you available this week?

if at all? Today is my last day of work so I'm available all week if you want to do the C/O install...let me know...and feel free to call me on my cell if you need to...two-1-six 849 1603
Old 08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default More slides! More Slides! Make 'em in 10 pt. type, damnit.

You frickin' rule dude. Thanks for leting me play a role in the event.

The next one will be better still!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:47 AM

Default You mean T.V.?

Tommy Vercetti a.k.a. M.B.?
Old 08-16-2004, 12:04 PM

Default nOOb suggestion...

Doing a track walk Sunday AM before lapping--they did this at Putnam-- was immensely informative for us noobs. It was nice to have a couple sessions under ones belt from Saturday, then walk the track Sunday discussing the line, and all it's subtleties, at length.

Again, thanks Mike and Bill, it was the most seat time I have had at an event.

Bob
Old 08-16-2004, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

TJ = Treadjack...tommy v = M. W.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well...

Point taken and I really agree to a certain extent. BUT the time it would require for a track walk at Blackhawk would be around 2 hours which is a pretty good chunk of the day - especially since many people tend to leave early in the afternoon on Sunday.

If I'm involved with event planning next year, I would be most happy to take a group out on a track walk if you could get your sorry butts up out of bed for a 6:30AM track walk.

I would have to check with the track, but AFAIK, nobody would stop you from taking a walk by yourself before or after the track is "hot".

Alternatively, If you do a bunch of these events, you can then participate in the various ADD clinics which almost always have a track walk as part of the day.

When it comes down to it we chose "more track time" as the option - which many people such as your self really liked. It's kind of tough to keep everyone happy.

I totally agree with you that a track walk can be helpful for nOOb's as well as more experienced drivers. IMHO, a track walk is a bit more useful for the more advanced drivers than for those that are new to a track as a newcomer might not know what to look for. A great alternative is to hitch a ride with an instructor other than the one assigned to you. It's important to see the track and the line as a little video playing over and over in your mind's eye. Virtually every instructor is more than happy to take a passanger out during their lapping sessions - take advantage of it. You'll meet more people and get more familiar with the track at the same time.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:45 AM

Default Let me check with the boss...

.... I cashed in a lot of chips last weekend and my brother is coming to town this weekend and staying at my place so I am sure I have a list of things she needs me to do. I will give you a call.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds good...

hopefully she'll have to spend another night at her mothers so we can get them done...

speaking of cashing in chips, went to the horseshoe on sunday with my brother on the way back from dayton and the don't pass was in full force...an hour at the table with only one point made (which happened to be my bro rolling from the don't)...

you dragging your brother to the auto-x on sunday or you skipping out on us?