Can anyone translate this for me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As his agent, I can tell you exactly why he has had trouble with the ACNA.

Randy appeared at many, many ACNA events while an Audi Factory Driver, each time being paid by Audi AG.

When the Audi program went away in the US, Randy was still asked to appear at events by certain ACNA chapters. These chapters always paid for Randy's expenses and most paid him. On two ocassions, he was at tracks already and appeared at no cost to the chapter.

Essentially, when certain segments of the ACNA and a certain chapter president heard that Randy was being paid to instruct at ACNA events by participants, suddenly Randy became "dangerous" and "a risk".

As the safest, most experienced and successful driver in the ACNA, Randy has driven thousands of laps at 25 plus ACNA events without a single issue. But suddenly, Randy was a risk, unsafe and a liability.

Randy has still appeared at many ACNA chapters events since being pushed away by the ACNA Board (not the entire board, just the majority that is in question in this thread).

Apparently, this segment wanted a piece of the pie. Additionally, these same people did not understand that Randy was EVER paid to appear at an ACNA event. They literally told me that they thought he was just showing up on his very little and valuable free time for all those years.

As Randy was always paid to show up at the events he did (except for the two he did out of courtesy as he was there), it became an issue of the ACNA suddenly caring who signed the check.

I can say without question that Randy is/was very disappointed with certain ACNA leaders and the experience has jaded him.

Just as our photography was pushed away by the club ($40,000 in sponsorship) out of politics, the club pushed Randy away. Neither decision took what was best for the members into account, as is REQUIRED by the club's bylaws.

Sad situaion.

Mike S
Old 05-22-2007, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly. Why any ballot was forced to have a person's name on it for certain board members

to count is astounding.

But even more ridiculous was the fact that on one side of the ballot, it said the ballots were due in hand by Nov. 30, on the other side (enclosure) it said they were due postmarked by Nov.30.

Considering the postmark due date was a Thurs (Nov 30) and the ballot totals/count were announced a Monday (Dec 4), there simply WAS NOT ENOUGH TIME for all the ballots to arrive in the ACNA hands.

Ballots could have been postmarked by Thursday as late as 6pm, and all ballots were therefore required to have arrived in hand by Saturday at the ACNA headquarters to be counted and announced by Monday? Not enough time!

And then we have the fact that for some odd reason, this years ballots were not sent to a CPA's office as in prior years, but were sent right to the Executive Director's hands! Note: This Exec Director, Karen Chadwick, was counting a ballot she was on and directly effected her power!

Unreal bad. Bad ballot, bad dates, biased counter, etc.

Mike S
Old 05-22-2007, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The shortest straw was pulled for you. The whole thing reeks of corruption.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Is this true for Mark and Ian we have seen at some events?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Fear the Miata!

Default ian and mark have shown up at our events for free....the club has not paid them for their

appearance(s)
Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Politics and infighting totally stink. Dump the whole group involved in such, and

start with a clean slate/BOD say I.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As Press said, Ian and Mark have shown up on their own and sponsor dollars. Not one $ from the

ACCCC has been spent to bring them in.

Team Janica Racing is responsible for part of Ian's coming, Sideline Sports Photography the other part.

Mark White as come on his own dollar. Mark has actually spent over $10,000 attending three ACNA events, when you take into consideration his tires ($2,800 per set, six heat cycles and they are toast), race fuel, brake pads, engine hours and his travel (which in his Prevost bus is at 5mpg).

Mark is effectively a very giving sponsor, as is Ian.

Mike S
Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

and we love having all of them!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:07 PM

Mark is such a nice guy too - great guy to have at the events
Old 05-22-2007, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default FYI: email sent to all board members.

I sent thhis email moments ago, and Don Gruenler has already opened it. We shall see:

Gentlemen,
I have been following with a great deal of interest, concern, and disgust over a thread posted mostly on the Chicagoland Chapter of ACNA on the Audiworld site since last Friday.
It appears that "certain" members of the BOD have usurped club funds for their own gain or entertainment, including Austria tips, as well as labeling one of the best road racers in the country (Randy Pobst) as "a dangerous liability." The club does not have an instructor with better credentials than Randy. I understand that some of his time was freely given as well.
Additionally, it appears that a member request for a full accounting, as required by law, was replied to with an insufficient "overview."
There were also suggested inequities of the secret ballets, as they had the member names contrary to what we all feel is considered "secret."
Based on that, as a member, and enthusiast, I suggest that the BOD view the Chicagoland postings on Audiworld, and provide an adequate response with due haste (as in today, May 22, 2007) in the best interest of the club at large.
Thank you,
John Barbour
ACNA member 26495

Quick Reply: Can anyone translate this for me?