Chicago Area Audi guys.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Area Audi guys.....

Hey everyone, just discovered that theres a chicago forum..guess i was a bit slow on the uptake there....anyway, i own a B6 S4, and i am hoping to arrange a few things for everyone this spring. so far my ideas are this,

1. Icebreaker cruise > go for a drive along lakeshore down through sheridan road and the ravines...later stopping at this place on 41 to take pics and eat some food. (prolly about 6-7 weeks from now).

2. Icebreaker detail > just get a bunch o guys to meet and do a quick detail to celebrate when we done with all this snow. Thought that if everyone came and chipped in a bit, i could use some of my detailing products (I am a professional car detailer) that i can get for real cheap. expecially if everyone helped with all the cars. Then maybe a quick photo op with all the shimmering beauties, and off for a cruise. (also about 7 weeks off).

Just some random ideas, but if anyone is interested, email me or speak up, and i will be sure to email you the details as it starts to warm up. Any other ideas/comments are welcome.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sounds like fun

let me know on my turboa4@hotmail.com account.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default hmmmm sounds good to me accept that>

LSD is ****ty for driving. those potholes are deadly. I'll still be in on the drive. North on sheridan will be SWEEEETTT
Old 02-02-2004, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Is someone going to detail my car for me?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hehe, the idea is that i would be there to give you tips, and supply the supplies...

basically it will be a informal class on how to detail your car (for those who dont know, or want a refresher) Just to talk about some of the little detailer's secrets (the things you can do with windex will amaze you, lol....) and how/where to use dressings/aluminum polish, etc. And afterwards, we will have a nice little photoshoot/maybe go for a cruise or go get some grub. For those who already know what they are doin when it comes to detailin, it would just be a fun get together (maybe you have secrets you could let me in on . I will post when we find a good date (and when we get out of this weather!)
Old 02-02-2004, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea LSD is a bit rough.....

i just thought that chicago would be a nice meeting place, since its got some nice sites, and depending on where everyone is coming from, it may be a good central meeting place. But where i am really hoping to have some fun is Sheridan. I live about four minutes away from the best section of ravine for driving. Last summer i was driving through in my old A6 and i saw a line of about 25-40 Modified Miatas shooting through. It looked so fun. when i asked them about it he said i should get a miata and join them......lol..
as tempting as that was......i went with a new S4 and am now coming to you guys with the idea instead!

p.s. theres a great cafe right off of 41 that we could end the trip at. they have good cheap food, and a great empty parking lot for meet'n'greet. Plus every sunday all the local Harley Guys meet there, so you can check out some cool bikes too!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:17 PM

great idea too bad my car is still stock
Old 02-02-2004, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: yea LSD is a bit rough.....

If youre talking about that little restaurant across the street from Mutual Ace Hardware, I believe that place closed up, but I'm not sure if the bikers still meet there or not. I live a few minutes away from there.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Last I checked Highland House did close

infact they had used Audi's out front last time I drove by. I used to go there on a regular basis, it was always a good crowd with lots of cool bikes.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You mean you can actually wash your car yourself?

I only know how to make mine dirty.

Quick Reply: Chicago Area Audi guys.....