Cross Post: Hit & Run...Help Me Out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Post: Hit & Run...Help Me Out...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2088015.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2088015.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 06-21-2004, 07:05 AM

Default Welcome to chicago. . . soon your bumper will need painting if you park on the street.

bastards.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This actually happened in dayton, oh...I went home for the weekend...
Old 06-21-2004, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My story two weeks ago...

I had luch with Optimus Prime at El Famous over in Glendale Heights. After leaving, I was sitting at a red light at Bloomingdale and North in my new A6 loaner. I got clobbered hard. I never saw it coming. I just felt a massive hit/shock to the rear of the car. Really really massive. Luckily, I kept my foot on the brake and didn't roll into the intersection. The other car hit the rear passenger side of the A6 on an angle and kept driving through a red light where semis are flying by. Hit and run.

Got out and looked. A6 was strong. Hit put a small fist size hole in the sidewall of the tire and moved the wheel forward and on a 45 degree angle. Diff and suspension are shot. Fender, trunk, bumper are done. Fender absorbed damage. Rear passenger door seams are straight. Rear of the car is now a triangle shape because he was cutting to my right when he hit me.

Turns out the guy who hit and ran just fled a home robbery with stolen goods in the car. During the hour that I spent on the side of the road, the cop gave me updates. State, Dupage, and local cops were all after him. He was busted last week and was out on parole. He was arrested in Melrose Park ten minutes after my wreck. The robbery was a felony. Hitting me was also a felony because he was fleeing a crime. There was a witness to the robbery that followed him. The witness said this guy was going 90 in a 40 before he clobbered me.

So anyway, my shoulders are a little tight now. I'm going to be sore in the morning. I'm going to get checked out soon. Today sucks. Coulda been worse. I will probably have to testify.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Is the pain gone yet?
Old 06-21-2004, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Feeling good Billy Ray.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm from Dayton too

I live up in Wicker Park now though. Let me know if you ever need a ride or are driving down and want someone to ride along. I go there pretty often.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default If it makes you feel better, I just had my new center caps and valve stems stolen...

I hate jackasses. If I ever see someone doing something to my car, god help me.

Try doing a search for audi junk yards on the forum, there are a few. Also VW parts.com if you know the audi number, should be somewhere on the housing.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:02 AM

Default Re: This actually happened in dayton, oh...I went home for the weekend...

I went to UD and lived there for three years after graduating. Suprised the guy didn't rob a bank since one gets knocked off just about every other day there.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds good...

I grew up in Oakwood...

probabaly won't be going back there until aug...

Quick Reply: Cross Post: Hit & Run...Help Me Out...