CVO's invitation to the ACCC for the Midwest Club Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO's invitation to the ACCC for the Midwest Club Challenge

Well,

here is the formal invitation to the ACCC to come out and challenge the rest of the car clubs from throughout the midwest in a battle of speed, looks, and turns.

We would love to see such a large and strong club come out and challenge us to up our game in this 1st annual challenge.

The rules are as follows,
Any noterized Club can have the opportunity to enter up to 3 cars for the right to become Midwest Club Challenge Champion

The 3 events are as follows,
1. Autocross
2. Drag Racing
3. Show Car

They are all wiegh evenly so that no event takes presidence over another, because in the CVO's eyes all 3 are all legitimant forms of Automotive Enthusiam.

To the winning club, the LARGE Midwest Club Challenge Tropehy will be awarded, along with some sort of prize package provied by Parts 4 VWs.com (VW and Audi Parts Supplier) and the bragging rights for an entire year as the most complete club in the Midwest.

The event will be held over the annual weekend of Treffen which is entering it's 10th year as the largest gathering of VAG based cars accross the midwest. The weekend is schedueled for the 21st and 22nd of August, and will be briging in 100's of the top VAG cars from as far as New Jersey amd Kansas.

So for all that might be interested in helping the ACCC out against the high and mighty home team of the CVO, come out and show what your club can do against the best from the Midwest.

Greg Tivadar
CVO Treffen Commitee
Old 08-04-2004, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry, bad scheduling. ACCCC Auto-X is that Sunday.

The date has been booked and posted on our website since January.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default And none of us have show cars.....

except for the red rocket.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:03 PM

Default When is the last time that you have been to a car show?

or for that matter Treffen, a car with an APR stage 3 or whatever kind of engine mods is a show car by our competion.

We are not running a show like Hot Import Nights, this is about the mods that make your car a better daily driver, not a better show queen. TV Monitors and Waterfisplays may score huge points there, but not at Treffen.

But I guess the ACCC members just might be a afraid to try something new.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have only been to HIN.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ill be there, but dont think ill be entering any events.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:16 PM

Default I was at Treffen a couple years ago.....

....It was a very good time. I cannot enter any of the events because my brother and his son will be in town and they are staying at my place. I will try to drop in depending on schedule.

I would like to see the ACCCC come up with a couple cars to enter though. Step up ladies!
Old 08-04-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Re: I have only been to HIN.

Well Treffen is a bit different, you enter your car and then you walk around and fill out a ballot sheet for who you think should win every class.

And it's really one of the only ways to go out and meet people from around the midwest who are into the same things that you are, whether that is autocrossing, which there is one on Saturday, drag racing, which is on saturday night, or showing your car, which is is on Sunday.

But Treffen is one of the most laid back relaxed car shows in the US, as far as I know, and I think that the ACCC guys should come out and experiance it, you will like it, and come back every year, I know cause I did it once on a whim, and now 4 years later I am on the planning committee.

Anyway if you guys want to Autocross on Sunday, maybe you can come out for the Auto-X on Saturday, and then maybe when you guys get done on Sunday you can come out and chill for a while and discover what Treffen is about, so that next year, when we know better than to scheduele it to conflict you guys will come out and enjoy yourselves in a parking lot full of 300 enthusiasts just like you.

Anyway I'm off my soap box, but I think the ACCC would have a great chance to win the Midwest Club Challenge and really bust the ***** of a lot of VW clubs from around the midwest, and I know that you guys would have a great time participating in it. So if maybe you can get one guys to skip the Auto-X and then 2 others to participate in the events on Saturday you guys could still be a part of it
Old 08-04-2004, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep, I'll try and stop by too

I won't be showing or drag racing though. 16.XX isn't fun.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Who, Quattro Red?

sorry I had to...

Quick Reply: CVO's invitation to the ACCC for the Midwest Club Challenge