Does anyone belong to a XSport Fitness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thx. There's a Pulse real close.

It's a real morgue...and the reason? They charge you by the hour! And it's not cheap either, like $15/hr. Insane. I stopped in a while back to see what the deal was and I practically scared the person on staff to death. I don't know how the place is still open, I've *never* seen anyone in there or parked there. I keep waiting for them to have a going out of biz sale, so I can buy all the equip., hehe. ;-)

The Bally's is too crowded and a bit of a meat market feel. There's also Mundelein Fitness Xpress which at $19 is a bargain, but on the small size (similar to Fitness 19 in Lake Zurich) both in strip malls. I tried it for a demo week, and at the price it's hard to argue (all the equip is new, and I never had to wait for cardio, weights more so), but English was definitely a second language for the majority...

Well...I stopped in at the Xfitness, and they sucked me in. Was supposedly the last day for special rates. They have a full refund policy on the first 2 weeks, and I can freeze the membership when we're out of the country. That plus the 24/7 hours were big sellers... All the negative reviews have me nervous, but I'll try and be optimistic... Not open til Aug. 1st... so we'll see in a while.