fvcking IPASS. i received a $102 fine for 'not paying' some tolls...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fvcking IPASS. i received a $102 fine for 'not paying' some tolls...

i just called up the customer service people (glad they spoke ebonics) and they told me that i had about a dozen violations on my account starting last may. the reason was that the license plate i had was not registered to my ipass account. that's because it's a company plate and changes every year when i get a new car. i advised the woman of this as well as telling her that when i owned my own car and had an ipass, i had two different plates, never updated any information, and never received any notices.
so i owe a wopping $5.45, but they can't deduct it from my ipass account so i have to write a friggin check for it. geez. talk about rediculous.
you should have the option of not putting a license plate number on your ipass account. what if i had more than one car and wanted to use the same ipass? it's fvcking retarded.

did anyone see that news report a month ago about IPASS' not working in certain vehicles? i missed it and would like to know what was up with it.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:45 AM

the only reason i can think of is so they can track it if it's stolen.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm glad I have an original IPASS that beeps when you go though a toll

otherwise, how are you supposed to know if it's working or not until you get a notice in the mail?

I never updated my plates and my parents use my extra IPASS in a rental car when they come to visit and no problems to date.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:22 PM

Default exactly.

i just assume that it's okay.
the whole plate thing is BS. i use it in rental cars all the time. the user should be the person responsible for the ipass itself and what car gets to use it, not the state.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Fear the Miata!

Default I have the newer style and for about a month I noticed that the blue light at the toll booths .....

was not working when I went through the toll plazas......then I got a letter telling me that there was a problem...I paid the tolls brought my I-Pass in to the ITA and they replaced it...

I like this one better than the old one......it's much smaller than the old style.....

I don't know why they need the tag# on the vehicle.....I've changed tags recently and never had an issue....
Old 12-21-2004, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

actually, the unique key in their database is the plate.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default but how would they do that?

the current system, while annoying, affords you the luxury of saying "that is my car" and them being all word, send us a check for $3 please.

but yeah, it SHOULD come out of your account, I have like $6 I owe them...
Old 12-21-2004, 02:15 PM

Default They let me ring up my fine to about $400 before

they sent me a statement telling me they caught me. This was before I had Ipass and thought I was above the law and getting away with something. Had a nice pic of My plate and back of car, # of violations and what toll booth, very well done.....Jag offs! since I have had Ipass no problems, they tend to like law abiding citizens, go figure!
Old 12-21-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Thats how they get you. You have to pay for each cars

Ipass transponder, more money for them is more revenue, Big brother has got it all figured out, even though it is just a deposit, the money is still going to the tollway authority either way.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:27 PM

actually, you can have up to 4 license plates on the same i-pass account

Quick Reply: fvcking IPASS. i received a $102 fine for 'not paying' some tolls...