GM Auto Show in <slow> Motion

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Fear the Miata!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Auto Show in <slow> Motion

Me and a buddy of mine went today to Arlington Park for the GM Auto Show In Motion....

Got to drive a Vette, 6-speed, with some guy from GM who after the 2/10 of a mile course asked me...how'd ya like it.....I asked him if I could borrow the car and take it to one of our track events....he said......NO!!...

Drove the new GTO also but the biggest problem was I kept catching up to the car in front of me...the track was not an auto X course...just a leisurely drive in a large parking lot....

All in all it was ok......

If you want to go click below to register and have some fun!!...or maybe not!!

I did get free lunch so it wasn't a completely bad thing...8^)<ul><li><a href="http://www.autoshowinmotion.com">ASIM...</a></li></ul>
Old 04-21-2005, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm going tomorrow. Do they have any of the Caddy "V" cars to drive?

Anyone else headed there tomorrow? Maybe we can meet up do some "mini" x-crossing or drifting in the GTO before we get kicked out? :-D
Old 04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Fear the Miata!

Yes they did........****scratches head****why didn't I drive one??!!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you have to sign any waivers holding them harmless in the event of an accident?
Old 04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What no S'clade?

w/dubs...
Old 04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Fear the Miata!

Yes ya do...
Old 04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Fear the Miata!

The line was a bit too long for the S'clade.....
Old 04-21-2005, 05:46 PM

who's insurance would cover this? he-he
Old 04-21-2005, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, could be a few diff scenarios. Most likely your own personal auto policy.

If you are in fact signing a hold harmless naming GM and probably Arlington Track as well, then your own personal lines auto policy has what is referred to as Drive Other Car Coverage. Assuming you have that coverage, and assuming the event you are at does not otherwise qualify as excluded coverage (such as a track event where true racing is the primary exposure), this being a supervised "school" (stretching the term there) probably would not be excluded.

Not sure if everyone realizes the seriousness they are faced with and what they are on the hook for as respects a wreck. Not only for the damage to their own car at events such as ABCC or Tire Rack wich is much more quantifiable, but much more importantly should you lose control and hit someone standing on the inside of the track, you are f***ed, period. No coverage.

Does anyone know if the Audi Chicago Club purchases Spectator and/or Participant Liability Coverage for these events?

There goes my insurance mind again.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:34 AM

Default i had a pretty good time

i waited until i had room before i put my foot down, though not as involved as a real autocross there were a few corner combos that were kind of fun.

the setup for the "performance" section SUCKS&gt; it was like driving around a square. the guy with me in the corvette started yelling at me after i took the first corner sideways ( feint + clutch kick ) and pulled the ebrake to stop the car when i took the second corner sideways (braking + power over) i almost COMPLETELY lost control of the car when he did that. it was funny. he was fuming mad. it was wet out. i shruged and said "whateb0r"

but i drove the cadilac cts-v too. that thing is.... ok i guess but the driver guy in that car was cool. very relaxed and friendly.

if the saab 9-2x was a manual; i bet that it would have be a ton of fun to drive. i think of the _normal_ cars it was my fav.

Quick Reply: GM Auto Show in <slow> Motion