how many different unmarked police cars have you seen driving on the tollways?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many different unmarked police cars have you seen driving on the tollways?

i went driving down 90 today and saw about a dozen state troopers pulling people over, hiding in traffic or hiding on the side of the road. the majority of them weren't the typical white crown vic with yellow lettering on the side.

of the three people i saw pulled over, two were pulled over by dark grey unmarked crown vics, and one was being pulled over by an unmarked green camaro. i almost screwed myself twice by speeding up around a pack of cars to discover an unmarked crown vic hiding in the pack. i've been seeing more of these dark grey unmarked crown vics like when i got a ticket a month ago on 72, it was from one of these hiding behind a gas station shooting laser.

that camaro really made me paranoid. now i'm wondering what else the state troopers are putting light bars in and sending out on the tollways.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There is a white Mustang that likes to hide on I-290/I-355 intersection right by D&B.

Also saw Camaros, Grand Prix and even a Grand Caravan once. Just watch out for antennas.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Camaro, Mustang, Tahoe, Impala, Monte Carlo and probably others I have not seen.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dodge minivan and a fugly Trans Am driven by ISP on the Ike earlier this year,

And your usual assortment of mustangs - a blue one on the Kennedy a few months ago.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:45 PM

Default Re: how many different unmarked police cars have you seen driving on the tollways?

I've seen a silver Grand Prix with tinted windows, green Monte Carlo, white Ford Expedition.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some of the camaros and stangs are easy to spot with the rear tint and antennas >>>

I was going down I-88 about a year ago and I came up on this 5 yr old Grand Prix GT in the fast lane. As I rolled up on him, I noticed two rear window mount cell type antennas. This made me look harder as I was nearly tailgating him. The rear window had no tint I finally noticed two tiny lights on the rear deck. He moved over to the middle lane and I noticed his uniform. I pulled in behind him and backed off. I new Lexus LS400 then went flying past him, and he went into pursuit and pulled him over.

These cops are getting way to sneaky! You can usually pick out the stangs and camaros a mile away with the blank tint back window and antenna farm on the roof.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Silver BMW M3 outside of Deerfield on the Tristate....

near Lake/Cook Rd. Patrols all the way to Grand near Great America.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:49 AM
bje

Default watch for the helicopter on sunny days near i355 and army trail tollbooth..

i got a ticket in april there right after i bought my car. cop pulled me over about a mile up the road telling me the heli got me
Old 11-03-2003, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What a freakin waste of tax dollars! Don't even want to guess what

the cost is per hour for the State Police to operate a chopper to catch speeders. Any kind of aircraft!

Nuts!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wonder if they get some of these cars in drug repo's???

Quick Reply: how many different unmarked police cars have you seen driving on the tollways?