Looks like the new car didn't save Champ Car after all. Alleged bankruptcy this Friday.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like the new car didn't save Champ Car after all. Alleged bankruptcy this Friday.

Series went to hell under the leadership from 1998 forward. I remember the huge decline in organization well.

IRL seems to have finally won the battle. The writing was on the wall, no matter what car package Champ Car brought, when all the biggies left Champ Car over the last years. Rahal, Penske, Ganassi, Andretti, etc.

I'd be sooooo pissed if I invested all that cash in those new cars with Champ Car, and can't even get my prize money.

I've known Derrick Walker for a long time and know he's a dead on, truthful guy. I believe everything he said in this story.

RIP - Champ Car - 2008

Mike S<ul><li><a href="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/champ/2008-02-12-walker-comments_N.htm">Link to story.</a></li></ul>
Old 02-13-2008, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So pathetic. They really need to unify now.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That's what's happening. Desolution of Champ Car in full with teams switching to IRL.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why would George unify them? His competition is on its death bed.

He's a shrewd guy (read "fvcking money-hungry *****") so I bet he'll just let Champ Car die, then offer a spot on his ship to the rats floating on the driftwood.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Meh, that's just business. That reminds me of a joke:

There was an old man sitting on his porch watching the rain fall. Pretty soon the water was coming over the porch and into the house.

The old man was still sitting there when a rescue boat came and the people on board said, "You can't stay here you have to come with us."

The old man replied, "No, God will save me." So the boat left. A little while later the water was up to the second floor, and another rescue boat came, and again told the old man he had to come with them.

The old man again replied, "God will save me." So the boat left him again.

An hour later the water was up to the roof and a third rescue boat approached the old man, and tried to get him to come with them.

Again the old man refused to leave stating that, "God will grant a miracle &amp; save him." So the boat left him again.

Soon after, the man drowns and goes to heaven, and when he sees God he asks him, "Why didn't you save me? I thought you would grand me a miracle and you have let me down."

God replied, "You idiot, I don't know what you're complaining about. I sent three boats after you!!"
Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Who is the mustache aficionado in your sig?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:07 AM

Default because the IRL currently has 14 cars and has been bleeding cash for 12 years.

both are in terrible shape but Tony holds the only ace in the deck. I also don't think there is anything shrewd about Tony George. He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple.

there are no winners here, especially the fans.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 AM

Another Marko.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

...the King-ster
Old 02-13-2008, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Link to very basic info:

<ul><li><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marko_Kraljevic">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marko_Kraljevic</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: Looks like the new car didn't save Champ Car after all. Alleged bankruptcy this Friday.