Looks like this is our new APR dealer:

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just to shed some light on the situation...

When I told APR that I was closing Moto Persona, they asked me to help them find a new APR dealer. Chicago is a large market for APR, as we have a few major cities to draw from. At MP, I had regular travellers from Milwaukee, NW Indiana, and occasional customers from St. Louis, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, etc.

The APR distributorship is not an asset of MP - it was not owned by us at all. It was not something I could sell or otherwise seek financial gain from giving out. The only reason I took it upon myself to find a qualified successor is because I consider myself to be friends with the APR owners and staff.

I weighed the Chicagoland tuners known to me, and GRD seemed to me to be the most capable of taking on this commitment.

Yes, it is true that MP and GRD had a mild "feud" going on a few years ago. They employed a mechanic at the time that chose to voice some very biased and negative opinions about us. Ever since he was fired, we have actually had a decent relationship with GRD. Every once in a while we would even sell each other parts.

What some people posting may not know is that GRD actually attempted to get the APR distributorship only a few months after MP had locked in.

It is possible that some staff at GRD had said negative things about APR. With the examples set up by the manufacturers (including TONS of mudslinging and at least a couple of lawsuits) it is easy for a tuner to get wrapped up in their products and criticize others.

I approached GRD after I decided they would be "worthy." They wanted to weigh the decision and get back to me. Yes, I'm sure the amount of sales volume had some affect on their decision... they wouldn't be good business people if they didn't think about the financial impact of their decisions. However, Irshad and Tuan, both Audi owners, and both owners of APR chips at one time or another, are honest people and from what I have experienced thus far, would not sell products that they wouldn't use.

I am currently at GRD training the staff on APR products and installation. I want it to be a smooth transition for my customers, and want future customers to have a positive APR experience.

I hope this clears some things up,
-Rob (formerly Rob @ MP)
Old 02-21-2004, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

well said, thanks for adding your info.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks Rob for installing my APR trial today
Old 02-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Rest In Peace

You are teh ignorant
Old 02-28-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Got Friends?

Looks like you've made new friends Mark.