National Audi Club election.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Audi Club election.

With the number of members we have in the Chicago area we have an opportunity to influence the future leadership of the Club at a National level (especially since voter turnout is historically pretty sad).

All members in good standing should be getting a ballot in the Quattro Quarterly. Remember to vote! Take a few minutes to read the bios understand the issues.

Most, if not all, of the people running are pretty well known for doing great work in their Chapters and some have had national exposure.

Remember to vote!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This election is EXCEPTIONALLY IMPORTANT to ACNA future direction! Please Read!

Mike/PNS Brewing is 100% correct.

Having worked nationally at about 70% of the Audi Club events across this country for many years, Leslie and I have had the chance to meet many of the candidates for the National Board.

We highly recommend the following:

JOHN HORNER - Michigan Chapter

MATT HULL - Potomac-Chesapeake Chapter

DEAN TREADWAY - Golden Gate Chapter

I can honestly say these people are genuine, quality candidates who and are not running for political, popularity or power issues, but to purely fix some of the serious issues with the ACNA Board as it stands (if you want to hear about the issues, feel free to write me privately).

PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT ALSO ON THE BALLOT are five by-law ammendments, all of which we highly recommend you vote "NO" on.

These attempts to change the by-laws are as follows:

- The first proposal consolidates power in the hands of a few by limiting the number of consecutive years a member can serve. This proposed change would immediately force long-time volunteers Mike Fisher and Craig Liechty off the board. These are two of the absolute best people I've ever worked with in the ACNA and this measure, which I and many others believe was put forth solely to force their immediate departure, should be voted against.

- Three additional proposed changes attempt to severely limit the ability of the general membership to seek change or call into question actions of the Board. The proposals increase from 100 to ~500 the number of member signatures required to call special meetings, form a voting quorum or enact by-law amendments. Why would we want to limit our own power?

This is simply, in the opinion of myself and many others, an attempt to limit the power of the membership and put it in the sole hands of the board (another reason we need dedicated and unbiased people on the board). Please note.LESS THAN 400 MEMBERS OF THE 8,000+ MEMBERSHIP voted in the last years election.

The final proposal improperly increases the power of the Executive Director by making the position a voting member of the board's Executive Committee. As a paid employee of financial interest, the Executive Director certainly should not be given a hand in making policy. With only a few people on an Executive Director's side, this person could vote to raise his/her own salary or push through other personally beneficial decisions. It's simply bad business practice and is ttotally outside of the norm of not-for-profit policy.

PLEASE VOTE AND KEEP A COPY OF YOUR BALLOT AND NOTE TGE DATE SUBMITTED! Trust us, this is a very serious time of transition within the ACNA and your vote will fix the problems that currently exist (agan, email me) while at the same time assuring the continued quality parts of the ACNA we all enjoy.

You can contact Leslie or I at info@sidelinesportsphotography.com or phone us at 847-456-6514.

Regards,

Mike and Leslie
Sideline Sports Photography, LLC
Old 10-18-2006, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Mike's comments are spot on with how my ballot was completed.

Should I make that public?... Oh well, here we go...

I'm a huge fan of John Horner and the value that he brings to the club with his relationship with Audi of America (I was one of the individuals who nominated him for his candidacy). John, Matt and Dean are all like minded individuals with the approach I've taken in trying to develop the activities for our members. I'm also particularly concerned about pushing out long time board members such as Mike and Craig, both of whom have been huge supporters of our chapter for all the years that I've been involved. Of course each of you should research the candidates and by-laws to form your own opinion. Regardless make sure your opinion is counted, get that ballot mailed!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks, Ken. Why members would want to vote to limit their control of a club that has

started to run at the will of the elected officials (via 300 rough ballots or .03% of the membership) against what the members need/want is beyond me.

The club has been tough on Randy Pobst and our company, a well as many national sponsors. All of the above really care about the club and are members before sponsors and vendors.

I really enjoy a large majority of the ACNA Board members as people, but I do not agree with the direction many have taken the club.

Best way to solve it would be to see a great electoral turn out with the true voice of the members coming forward.

Take care,

Mike S
Old 10-18-2006, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

...now I just need my QQ to arive
Old 10-18-2006, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you don't receive it or have any issues with getting a ballot in, contact Craig Liechty,

President Emeritus and current Chairman of the ACNA Board.

He wants as many votes as possible submitted to fairly represent the ACNA membership.

Craig's phone (right of the ACNA Contact page) - (440) 543-8233

You can email me if you can't reach him.

Mike S
Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else notice how much bad facial hair there is on ACNA board? What's with that?
Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I had no clue who to vote for, so this recco is good enough for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm sure I'll get it....usually i do, if not I'll make sure to call them up in WI to send me a copy
Old 10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Fear the Miata!

thanks for your insight mike.....i agree with you and ken

Quick Reply: National Audi Club election.