New ACNA-related legal filings--->

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Screw it. Have Mike and Craig re-start a new "quattro Club". It will be like the IRL and CART.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It was a power grab. The MN group lost majority control in last election, so if they needed to throw

out some people and appoint some friends to replace them in order to keep their majority.

They skipped right over John Horner, who as the first "loser" in the election, and went to the next two losers and appointed friends of theirs (Tomasi and Esmail).

IMO, the Amendment for term limits was the back up plan in case the MN side lost the election. Lose it, use the loophole to retain power. That's exactly what they did, exactly against what they promised the chapter heads and voting membership before the election.

I am 100% behind the lawsuit, as I see it as the above (as well as I am a huge hater of the process of the last election).

Mike S
Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The gain is ego, trips all over the US and world, VIP access at races, etc. Mike and Craig are

basically suing (from what I know) at the urging and financial contributions of hundreds and hundreds of members (maybe thousands) who see what was done and what the board has become as a HUGE problem, HUGE power grab, HUGE issue.

Mike S
Old 06-07-2007, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

"Power corrupts...."
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Default the EC would still have those perks even if Mike and Craig are restored to the Board.

I really wonder why the EC is so resistant to allowing Mike and Craig to serve out the remainder of their terms. The only 2 explanations I can think of are: 1) the club is paying for their legal fees, so why not contest the issue, and 2) it's a straight-out personal pissing contest. Clearly the EC does NOT have the best interests of the club in mind. This litigation is such a massive waste of club resources and goodwill. It absolutely should have been resolved without resorting to a lawsuit.

My primary concern as a club member, however, is the allegations of wrong-doing and misuse of club resources levelled at Keith Anderson and the Executive Committee. I would like to see, at minimum, the production of ACNA financial documents so that these allegations can be either further investigated, or laid to rest.

If the allegations are true, I think what really needs to be done is suit to remove Keith Anderson and any other EC or BoD members who have misused club resources from their positions.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:08 AM

so ironic that the EC's position is that the sanctity of the by-laws must be preserved at all costs.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You want financial docs? They are public...

Here is one site.

Just google "990 form finder"<ul><li><a href="http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/esearch.php">http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/esearch.php</a</li></ul>
Old 06-07-2007, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just my thinking, but if Craig & Mike get back in & have the majority, they can remove

EC and Board members that acted outside the bylaws, MN law, etc.

They could also order a new election (emergency), vote out the ammendments, etc.

A majority can do about anything within the bylaws, which do allow for removal of other board members.

Mike S
Old 06-08-2007, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

100% spot on.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Two unintended benefits of all this MAY be (1) the end of membership voter apathy, and...

...(2) a greater sense by the chapters' leaders that they cannot simply assume "all's well at the top."

Quick Reply: New ACNA-related legal filings--->