No change, I blew through the iPass like 3 times yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No change, I blew through the iPass like 3 times yesterday.

Had to go to a new dentist in the burbs and forgot the change. Did'nt know where I was going missed the exit, next stop, a toll......no change, well great. I decided to fly through the iPass, did a U turn and had to go through it again, to get to the right exit. On the way back, the entrance ramp was a toll as well, well......through it again. I have a dark Payton donor plate with a tinted cover. Even when you are right behind me, you can barely read my plate. I doubt any camera would be able to read my plate either. Any experience here. Should I be looking for a ticket in the mail? I seriously think there no way in hell you can read my plate but was curious as who's ever had to blow by the iPass for reasons of no cash in the car?

At any rate, I never go to the burbs, and I never break the law like that. I'm a victim of curcumstance I tell ya!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:20 PM

Default I was recently informed by a state trooper...

that you can skip though an ipass lane a good 25 times in your life before they will start to come after you.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:36 PM

Default A lot of cars go through the ipass everyday w/out the actual IPASS.

I'm pretty sure that you can do it as much as you want. Too many pictures/cars to go through to get everyone. If you just do it every once in a while I think you'll be ok.

BUT I'm getting an IPASS just the same
Old 02-27-2004, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Thanks all. I have a back up plan just incase, but cool. We'll see.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:13 PM

lol my bro went through it one time a few months ago and got a ticket in the mail...
Old 02-27-2004, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default they are really starting to crack down on it the last 2 years. read in the paper where a law may be

passed, if you have X number of outstanding tix they will lien your house. seems a little extreme, but the IPass is easy and hell, you are going to spend the $$$ one way or the other.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: No change, I blew through the iPass like 3 times yesterday.

I have an I pass but not in my audi, I went through in my audi several times without thinking about it and I got a notice in the mail for 4 times thorough without paying. I had to go to the ipass building and plead my case in that I did in fact have an Ipass but just not with me. since I had an ipass account they just charged me for the actual tolls, people there that had gone through 2 or 3 times and did not actually have an ipass account got charged the toll and 50.00 for each violation. wasted my whole day there!

My suggestion is to stop at a toll booth that is manned and ask for the payment envelope. If you send one in for each time you went through and mark where you went through, they will just ignore the camera and except your payment. If you did this on any (ANY) exit on 355 you will most certainly have been photographed. My next door neighbor works for toll authority in I pass collections and told me EVERY single exit on 355 has a camera. Also they are down to 3 violations for sending out tickets. They started with 10 or more and are moving rapidly towords sending violations for even 1 offense. They are being ****** about it and getting full fines from people who intentionally went through ipass when they did not have an active account.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My coworker got a few tickets with 10 violations in the mail couple of months ago.....

See he has an iPass but he only registered it for one of the cars. He didn't do that for the rest of his cars. So sometimes he rotates cars and although he held up the iPass thingy sometimes it just didn't get picked up. In those tickets they took the pic of the car and the plate VERY clearly from behind.

He contested it and they basically told him to bring in the registrations of his other cars and if he can prove that he owns those other cars, he's fine.

So tollway authority was going after violators for a while couple of months ago, dunno if they're doing the same now.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I understand your situation and you didn't have change. All the replies of people trying to cheat

the system??? Why not just get an ipass and pay the freakin tolls instead of being a cheap @ss!

Carbonlord, why not just get an ipass? I know you live in the city and probably don't travel the tollways very often, but still even it you use it once a month it's nice to have. I got one when they first came out, and I didn't use the tollway very often too. It was still worth the convience. I was able to ditch all the change in my car. Now I use the tollway 2 a day minimum and have three ipasses
Old 02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you can just go to the manual lane and they give you an envelope.

Quick Reply: No change, I blew through the iPass like 3 times yesterday.