No tin hat worn ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I advertise here on AW? Hmmm. I must have forgotten. Read what I wrote.

I, nor either of my firms, has ever advertised here on AW and when we have advertised anywhere, nobody has ever said our ads have alienated political party that represents almost half of America.

My personal conversations or positions in any public forum may effect our sales and I can live with that. But Audi, as a publicly held firm, made a decision to try and boost sales via an advertisement/endorsing campaign that undoubtedly pissed off not just many perspective buyers, but loyal Audi owners.

As for our customer base, it has continued to grow annually ever since we started our firm. Audi Club and otherwise.

We have an over 90% return customer rate, higher than the highest average returns in the photographic world.

I do not care if people I see differently or the opposite don't purchase from us. If they can't get past a political disagreement, that is their issue.

We sell to many we do not agree with politically often, Gription being one of them. That being said, he buys from us and I'd buy any product he makes or sold from him, should I need or desire it. I have many, many clients who are liberal or democratic, and we have been in business for years (professionally and in our photography business). Randy Pobst, Bill Baas and many our big liberal/democratic supporters and we are all very tight.

I don't care or take the time to be fake or pretend to follow a political philosophy, plan or party or thought only to get elected.......whoops, I mean to sell our product.

Nobody is forced to buy our product and our sales volume and customer repeat basis speaks for itself.

Again, I was pointing out the failure of a very expensive advertising campaign, not the effects on sales of my online debates with people I disagree with. If these two things seem similar to you, so be it.

Mike S
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
TGK
AudiWorld Senior Member

My guess is their "sales base" are not Republicans.....
Old 01-21-2009, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I guess I don't connect the media event with the policitian involved.

Does Buick support tiger woods because they are the big sponsor of an event he wins? Are they alienating their redneck racist buyers?

I fail to see how them sponsoring the inauguration is the same as them supporting one political party.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM

I agree... The more people you reach, the more units you will sell...
Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Very nice. So you went outside of AW to do some research.

I didn't know there was an ad until it was pointed out here the other day. I guess I don't pay attention to them much. I watched the whole thing and don't remember any ads. Perhaps they were all subliminal.

I fail to see anything negative about the ad campaign. I see it as a company trying to reach a lot of people at once. I could see viewers being indifferent, but offended seems like a huge stretch.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Point taken; however, I also know many Jewish folks who do own M-B and BMW's

Generally reactions to current events (like the sales of French wines you mentioned) are short-lived.

Perhaps I should have used hedge words rather than absolutes, but we both know what each other meant, so let's leave it at that.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default News to me, but I rarely went there anyway. Too bad as I think we all get along better here

when we stay off the topic of politics as it usually turns into a melt-down.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Interesting comment

I asked (forced) my wife to read the ad section so that we could discuss. I asked her what she thought of it. She said - "it bored me with their talk of how they use aluminum". I asked what she thought the objective of the ad section was - "They are trying to sell me their cars". I then asked what the political connection of the ad section was - "We'll it mentioned the date 1/20".

Just one view, but there you have it.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I did the same....and don't know if I should be worried or not....

My GF didn't even make a connection with election, she simply focused on the AD content.....she asked me, what did they make cars out of before, if not aluminum? She also asked if Michele Mouton's Quattro was the same one I had a poster of.

John is really reading waaaay too much into this.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:06 AM

AW is omniscient.

Quick Reply: No tin hat worn ...