Parrot Bluetooth problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parrot Bluetooth problems...

I posted this on the Audio forum a couple of days ago, but didn't get any response. Maybe my fellow Chicagoans can help me out...

I followed instructions from some people here to install a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth system in a 2000 A6 w/ Bose Symphony. The instructions essentially said to a) get power from the fuse box instead of the headunit, b) make a new plug that goes into the headunit, and route three wires to it (two from the Parrot's "loudspeaker" plug and one "standalone wire"), and c) to not use the Parrot's "audio" plug that goes into the headunit.

The install was a little difficult because there is so little room behind the headunit for the wires, but doable. There was already a "red plug" in the bose unit for the phone/nav -- I unplugged it and plugged in the one I made per instructions. The result -- the Parrot is on, I can pair it, it mutes the stereo when making calls, and the headunit displays "Phone" when there is a phone call. So far, so good. But there is no sound! I haven't checked if the other side can hear me, they probably can. I am just getting no sound on my end.

Help! Thanks.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I installed the CK3000 in my B6 A4 about 6 months ago.

If the radio is muting then I would say it's a problem with the speaker + & - outs from the Parrot or the input on the radio something there.

Are you using the right wires on the Parrot. I ended up cutting half the wires off the Parrot harness because we don't need them. Once you have the right wires on the Parrot side you should just tap those to the input on the back of the radio for Phone + / -
Old 09-30-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Does the order matter?

Could it be that I switched the +/- wires? Would that matter? I used the red and orange wires on the speaker side of the Parrot -- the ones that are supposed to go to the speakers.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, I used the red and the orange too.

You will get sound even if you mismatch the +/-

I'm sure you've done this, but I'd just double check you speaker +/- wires. Sounds like your Mute wire definately has a good connection.