Sign a petition for more WRC/F1 coverage on SpeedTV....x-post

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sign a petition for more WRC/F1 coverage on SpeedTV....x-post

Couple clicks and you are done.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/9080/msgs/346942.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/9080/msgs/346942.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 01-19-2006, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I can see the WRC... but a big WTF on F1?

I don't really follow WRC so I couldn't tell you how many out of the total WRC rallies Speed shows vs. whatever.

But, F1? They broadcast every race unless CBS outbids them. And I would think that aside from the announcers trying to bring the neophytes up to speed on F1 competition, I appreciate the coverage. It's coverage like CBS that bring F1 into more people's homes and to the attention of those who don't even have Speed. It's coverage like CBS that helps me when I say "No, F1 is not the oval bull**** with Dale Jr.... it's so much more."

Back to WRC, doesn't Speed just show highlights of pre-recorded races anyway?
Old 01-19-2006, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah. WRC is never live. They just rap an entire race into an hour long show. But how would you

even watch WRC live? You just couldn't do it. Plus it would probably take up a huge block of time.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default like I mentioned, I don't watch WRC... shed some light why you couldn't?

delayed starts and stuff? do races last hours and hours? Would it be hard to coordinate the camera crews?
Old 01-19-2006, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default maybe I should read the petition before typing this...

but skip that

without looking, I'm guessing this is just a general plea to cut back on the all the jethro programming that has infiltrated SPEED in the past few years. honestly, I rarely ever check out SPEED anymore except for race broadcasts that I am expecting to see for F1, Champ Car, GP2, etc. WRC, as a series/sport/whatever, is slowly going down the toilet but I would still prefer to get 1-hour of same day coverage on each of the 3 days than the 1-hour wrap-up show they do on Sundays now. I don't even think they've secured the rights yet and the Monte starts this weekend.

the main beef is that all the other cool programming is basically gone in favor of lame reality-based bull**** and NASCAR 24/7. but the jethros are out there in force lapping that garbage up so what are you gonna do?

they should just create a separate network for NASCAR and bring back the old speedvision. lotsa open wheel and sportscar series around the world that I would like to see like DTM, BTCC, ETCC, FIA GT, British Formula 3, Japanese sportscars, A1GP (its on OLN!), Dakar (also on OLN) and many, many more. I also miss the Legends of Motorsport, Victory By Design and programs of that nature.

[/rant]
Old 01-19-2006, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

2nd.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would love to see a few start to finish in-car shots of a special stage or two.

I would watch (more accurately tivo) up to 4-5 hours of rally a week. My wife is actually a bigger fan than I am.

As for the NASCAR crap, if it pays the bills so that I don't have to listen to Danny Sullivan cover F1, I can live it. I just don't watch it.

"Routine" Shows on Speed I like (in no particular order):
Victory by Design
Dream Car Garage
Lengends of Motorsport
Motorsport Mundial
Inside Grand Prix
The occasional Lucas on the Edge. Some weird stuff on those....

Other than that, let the rednecks have their "go fast, turn left, hit someone, turn left, throw a helmet, turn left". It makes enough money for Speed to stay on the air.

Remember the good old days when ESPN2 covered F1.....bliss.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Single car running, extended "transits" between special stages, 3 day event...

It is just a very long event with a lot of down time between the actual racing. The cars almost never see one another, so it is not very appealing to the typical "Rubbing is Racing" american veiwer.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

word!

Quick Reply: Sign a petition for more WRC/F1 coverage on SpeedTV....x-post