Stuff I found in my inbox today:

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuff I found in my inbox today:

You can read it, research the subject, and formulate your own opinions. At the very least, please vote. Here's the text:

Audi Club Board & By-Laws Vote, 2006

I'm one of a growing number of Audi Club members who are deeply concerned about the future of our club. Please consider the following points carefully. We hope you will join us to preserve our club's camaraderie and integrity as well as its future growth. On the annual ballot, you will find a slate of candidates for the Board and five proposed by-law changes that are to be voted on this November.

We ask you to vote for three long-time Audi Club members from different parts of the country who are committed to the club's future. Those members are JOHN HORNER from the Michigan Chapter, MATT HULL from the Potomac-Chesapeake Chapter and DEAN TREADWAY from the Golden Gate Chapter. All three will bring their chapter leadership, business acumen and successful business experience to the Audi Club North America Board of Directors.

The proposed by-law changes were pushed through the Audi Club board without the participation of the full Board. We urge you to contact as many fellow members as possible and ask them to VOTE AGAINST ALL FIVE PROPOSED BY-LAWS AMENDMENTS for the following reasons:

* The first proposal consolidates power in the hands of a few by limiting the number of consecutive years a member can serve. This proposed change would immediately force long-time volunteers Mike Fisher and Craig Liechty off the board. These two progressive, dedicated, selfless gentlemen are responsible for much of the club's success in recent years.

* Three proposed changes attempt to severely limit the ability of the general membership to seek change or call into question actions of the Board. The proposals increase from 100 to ~500 the number of member signatures required to call special meetings, form a voting quorum or enact by-law amendments. Less than 400 members voted in the last election.

* The final proposal improperly increases the power of the Executive Director by making the position a voting member of the board's Executive Committee. As a paid employee, the Executive Director should not be making policy. It is bad business practice and not something that is normally done in non-profits as it creates a conflict of interest.

We need your vote and those of your fellow Audi Club members to ensure a future that is lead by a board with experienced, objective Audi enthusiasts who provide broad chapter representation. Please vote!

PS - please keep a copy of your submitted ballot and a record of when and how it was submitted.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good stuff in your box baby ......

ha ha

Really though, that is some good stuff, and I will be sending in my ballot soon.

Also, just posted a link in the TT forum to urge people to NOT forget to VOTE!

Thanks Marko - have a great night
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Stuff I found in my inbox today:

So what is the deal with not getting the mag with the ballot...should I call up national or wait? Smells like Florida all over again
Old 10-20-2006, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OMG I love the pict of the cat....

Abby tries to pick up any of the 4 cats and struggles big time.

Quite funny.

It is amusing to see her grab the big cats tail and the cat just roll over and give up.