VW Anti Gun Violence Rally TONIGHT, Champs in Morton Grove. Come out for this GTG...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen, Mike B.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thats why in London police dont have no guns. Here, police would first shoot and than ask questions!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I did a research project on this in college...

...and found that those states which allow a person to carry a concealed firearm by permit (i.e. Indiana, Florida, Texas and about 20 others) have a far lower death rate and crime rate by guns than those states (like IL) without such a permit system for the law abiding public. Everytime I hear about one of these tragic stories, I always ask, "If the victim had been allowed to legally carry a firearm for protection, would he still have been murdered or would we be without one less scumbag on this Earth?"
Old 07-19-2006, 05:30 AM
TK1

Default Re: While not as cool at the Million MILF March, it's still a good cause.

Yes this is an Audi site and not a Bolshevik propaganda site.

Get with it- if someone has no respect for themselves how can they have respect for others?

Read- understand- and live by the longest running constitution in the world right here in the US. You have the right to bear arms and you have the right to blast someone intruding in your home. Screw these street punks- let them kill each other off- it will be a safer US.

If your ideology has a better method why doesn't it work with the US presently having the most gun laws of any nation on the planet. Get with it- your following the Bolsheviks agenda.

Leave me and my law abiding fellow Americans alone with your un- wanted agendas and move somewhere else to your perfect little eutopia.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Welcome, noob.

First, I will post whatever I want to post. I was only making comments in a free country. The bill of rights protects my freedom of speech as well as your right to bear arms. I am not suggesting that anyone take away your weapons. I am suggesting that more gun control is probably a good idea because it keeps guns out of the wrong hands. The victim here was not a street punk. He was shot dead by someone who was illegally carrying a gun.

I am not anti-gun. I used to sell them in the 80s and I have fired them on a number of occasions. I choose not to own one and respect the decision of those who do.

I am not sure what idealology you are talking about. I was reporting on what the organization stands for.

I resent the Bolshevik comment. Your statement tells me that you don't know much about the Bolsheviks. You are probably using it in a derogatory way to compare anyone standing to the left of center as a communist. I see right through your BS and do not take that kindly. For the record, I don't subscribe to either philosophy or agenda.

Your UID and # of posts tells me that you are probably someone I already know, but is hiding behind an alias. That's just weak.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The two most important things spoken here were.....

- "The bill of rights protects my freedom of speech as well as your right to bear arms."

I couldn't agree more. But nobody has tried to ammend the constitution to ban freedom of speech. No municipalities, city or states, as with gun ownership, have banned freedom of speech, etc. I wish both ammendments were respected identically.

"He was shot dead by someone who was illegally carrying a gun."

Bingo! The gun or the way he was carrying was illegal! So what did a law due to prevent this? Nothing. I am a gun owner who supports very, very stiff sentences for any gun violations (used in a crime, illegal possesion, illegal carrying, etc) as well as as national registration system, as well as ammunition regulation (can't shoot a gun without bullets and reloading is not that simple, as well as the reloading equipment could be regulated as with bullets).

Gun laws do absolutely nothing to stop the average gun crime, as the criminal using the gun in a crime already has proven they are not intimidated by getting a felony charge. The criminal most likely already is a felon and can't have a gun anyways, etc. As the old saying goes, "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

Outlaw guns and only the non-law abiding will generally keep them. Where would we be then?

It's defintely too easy to get a FOID or other gun license, let alone a legally purchased gun in this country. There is no ammendment that prevents requiring education, registration and training to own a gun. But elimiating the lawful citizens right is not the answer.

Not really speaking to you, Marko, as we seem only a few pages apart on this.

Cheers,

Mike S
Old 07-19-2006, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I told you not to take that thing to Mexico!

BTW, what the hell is really going on in this picture? You under investigation?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Fear the Miata!

not true...about the local coppers.....
Old 07-19-2006, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well said. Thanks.

I really have no side on this issue as it is just not important to me. Most of my friends own guns. The issue is probably important to them.

I am just surprised to learn that gun control is not perceived as a positive thing. You have helped me understand why.

I still choose not to own a gun. I fear it will be turned against me or a loved one.

If everyone carried a gun, I don't think I would feel safer. I would be scared.

While nobody is trying to pass a bill to limit freedom of speech, I sometimes feel chastised for speaking freely. I copied and pasted some gun control stuff and the next thing I know I am being compared to a communist. My grandparents and my mom spent time in a DP camp waiting for their turn to come to America after the war because they couldn't go back home to a communist country. I am proud to be a 1st generation American and I really resent such derogotory and totally false comments. While I may have freedom of speech, I often find that my less popular opinions create hostility. I hate it when people forget that freedom of speech protects those with viewpoints different than their own. Just among my friends that have opposing viewpoints, most have chosen to not speak to eachother about anything political.

Anyway, I am not sure how I got into all of this. It's kind of ruined my day.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd. Almost verbatim of my thoughts in a discussion with a fellow member.

Quick Reply: VW Anti Gun Violence Rally TONIGHT, Champs in Morton Grove. Come out for this GTG...