VW Anti Gun Violence Rally TONIGHT, Champs in Morton Grove. Come out for this GTG...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About FOID

Yes, too easy, that's why we should have stricter conceal/carry permit with thorough background checks like 20+ other states have.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There's a brewing resentment out there that you tapped into...

Basically, the honest citizen is getting screwed by being disarmed and unable to protect him/herself from criminals. As has been mentioned before, more gun control laws don't work because criminals, by the very definition of the word, don't follow laws. So, stricter controls or outright bans (like Chicago, Wimette, Morton Grove and others have done with handguns) only hurts the people they're supposedly trying to protect. It's another knee-jerk reaction that is not well thought out. Some innocent person is shot, and the knee-jerk reaction is ban the guns from everyone. The more thoughful solution is to allow honest, inoccent people to defend themselves (emphasising here, not shouting at you) AS HAS WORKED IN OVER 20 OTHER STATES. Everytime I hear about another woman being raped, another nut job shooting up a McDonalds, another innocent person killed for their wallet, it makes me think, "What if that person had their own gun?" I'd rather have another dead criminal than another dead victim.

There was actually a story out of Minnesota a few years back where a woman's parents were shot in a McDonalds where a guy just walked in and started shooting. She was angry because her father had a gun locked in his trunk because that's where he was legally allowed to keep it. It would have been illegal for him to have it on him, but if he did, he could have defended not only himself, but the other 10 or so people that died in the restaurant.

Again, I think you just unwittingly tapped into a nerve in the American political landscape. Many people believe that the right to defend yourself and live is the most important of all rights because if you're dead, your freedom of speech, religion, etc means nothing.

I'm sorry another innocent person died at the hands of a gun weilding criminal, but if people really thought it through, the rally should be to legalize a conceal/carry permit system, not for more gun control (which didn't work in this case).

I hope your day is getting better :-)
Old 07-19-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah, when I was there...

I do recall them carrying semi-auto rifles.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We were discussing that in our Law class last year. And thats what most of the class agrees on.

...im talkin about a class where 50% were black, and most of them from the projects, so they know how it goes, lol.
No, they're not gonn shoot you for passing on red, but, once my friend(non-black, non-hispanic, a non-gang member looking guy) was doing the speedlimit and a squad car came out of nowhere so he didnt have time to stop n hit'em. It was cop's fault, as he had no sirens on. The cops came out of the vehicle, called for backup, start beating him up for no reason and then when the backup came, another squad car, they all four had fun beating up the dude! Telling you, this is not a safe world right here!

But sure, you're right not every trooper be like that. Got a ticket yestorday, man, so im kinda mad on all of them, but that was a true story!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Another insightful, well stated post. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default London police have guns now, as even though guns are illegal, criminals still had guns! Imagine

that!

Mike S
Old 07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In a law class they usually teach you innocence before guilt and to hear both sides of the story.

Seems like you jumped to believe one side without hearing the other.

Mike S
Old 07-19-2006, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default FOID doens't give you the right to conceal or carry, just to own and buy ammo. Yes, the

laws should be more strict.

Mike S
Old 07-19-2006, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Marko, don't let it ruin your day. Your points are mucho valid and you opinion. The others

have the right to express their opinions as well, under the same rights you have. They even have the right to express what they think of you or your opinions, no matter how uncool they do it.

Cheers, Bro.

Mike S
Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

When I got my card, I think the only requirement was that I was 18.

Quick Reply: VW Anti Gun Violence Rally TONIGHT, Champs in Morton Grove. Come out for this GTG...