What's the consensus on Schaumburg Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 11:51 PM
uwg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the consensus on Schaumburg Audi?

I bought my car elsewhere, but 5,000 mile service is coming up and Schaumburg Audi is just a mile up the street from my house. Any experiences? Good, bad? Recommendations?
Old 11-30-2000, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

drive to Laurel and see Ed Skibinski, you won't regret it!
Old 11-30-2000, 11:57 AM

Default Re: What's the consensus on Schaumburg Audi?

I haven't heard one good thing about their service. Try Scott's suggestion or the next closest might be McGrath in Glenview.

Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2000, 12:06 PM

Default I bought my S4 from them. After several trips to get some annoying things

repaired, I will NEVER ever go there again. All I have to say is stay clear of them. I live down the street from them but take my car all the way out to Continental in Naperville. Haven't regretted it since. Lucky for you it will be just and oil change, Schaumburg can't possibly mess that up.
Old 11-30-2000, 01:12 PM
uwg

Default Thanks, thought so...

...I bought at Continental, so that's a natural choice for me. They already have my winter tires in, anyway.
Old 12-01-2000, 01:11 PM

my history with schaumburg has not been good. the sales people wouldn't give me the time of day, then when they did talk to me they wanted five thousand over sticker for the s4. so i went to continetel in naperville. schaumburg service department manager is an arogant *** as well. i recomend continetel in naperville, even though schaumburg is only a few miles away.
Old 12-05-2000, 08:58 AM

Default Can't say enough good things about service at Continental

Tony and Al have always taken great care of me. You'd do yourself a favor to give them a shot. Tony's usually good for some performance/track stories while your there.
Old 12-06-2000, 08:35 AM
uwg

Default Thanks, already there...

...talked to Mike in service for quite a while. Reason was to schedule the appointment for my snow wheels, but we talked for quite a while about brake dust, brake upgrades and such, and I'm taking it in in a couple of weeks to have some swirl marks taken care of, summer wheels cleaned, winter wheels put on. They offered me a loaner, too, which I gladly accepted.

As said, I bought at Continental, but Schaumburg Audi is only five minutes away. I read *one* positive post for Schaumburg Audi on the A6/S6 board, and thought it be nice IF they were any good. I'm very comfortable with Continental except for the distance.
Old 12-10-2000, 10:15 PM

Post something in every forum on AudiWorld, soliciting similar horror stories, and submit them to AoA. I did not even get as far as the submission part of it with the dealer here before good things happened. I don't know if they were directly related, but they knew who I was when I went in again, and the service manager had been fired. They had to have gotten my last name from my e-mail address or something, but it had a very good effect.
Good luck.
Old 12-18-2000, 10:45 AM

Too late for me. No matter what they do from now on, they'll never win my business again.

Quick Reply: What's the consensus on Schaumburg Audi?