WTF! Ticket for expired sticker - never pulled over or parked.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF! Ticket for expired sticker - never pulled over or parked.

I got a ticket in the mail for having an expired plate tag. Now, I admit to being a little lazy, but since my frame completely obscures the tag I figured I'd get around to it when I washed my car. Then I get a ticket in the mail. The violation was an address I've never parked at and I wasn't pulled over. How did they write up this violation? Any way I can fight it? I've got the sticker.

-Jay
Old 07-23-2007, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just send a copy of an invoice for a new sticker to DMV. I got my ticket dismissed this way.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Also check, if your ticket shows up in the database.

Allow a few days. Sometimes they don't. So why pay?<ul><li><a href="https://parkingtickets.cityofchicago.org/CPSWeb/web/EnterTickets.jsp">https://parkingtickets.cityofchicago.org/CPSWeb/web/EnterTickets.jsp</a</li></ul>
Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default so, you need to stop or park to get a ticket?

same way a loop cop can give you a ticket for running a red light.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: so, you need to stop or park to get a ticket?

Like I said, I can't even imagine how someone could have known that tag was expired without pulling the frame back. (I actually wound up breaking the frame when putting the tag on.)

Also, a red light is a moving violation. Aren't there classes of violations that can only be ticketed under certain rules, e.g. while parked, in addition to a moving violation, etc. Otherwise seems like a cop could just walk through a parking lot writing down plate numbers and saving those for the end of the month. Cops are lazy enough as is, you mean they don't actually have to get out of their car anymore to write a ticket?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, they're lazy until they save your life.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I betcha cops as SO lazy that they won't do SUPER simple things like put a sticker on a plate...

pot, meet kettle.

fact of the matter: your lazy *** didn't put your sticker on. then got a completely legal ticket, and you are unhappy.

you should be happy you weren't also ticketed for obstructing the plate which, by your own admission, you were clearly doing.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I betcha cops as SO lazy that they won't do SUPER simple things like put a sticker on a plate...

You know, I din't post here because of the ticket, per se. There's a better than even chance that I won't have to pay it. I posted because I was appalled that there's a cop out there, what, taking picture with his camera phone and writing tickets?

I would have been happy if the aforementioned lazy SOB had pulled me over because I would have whipped that tag right out of the glove box and slapped it on the plate. PROBLEM SOLVED!

I think the type of attitude displayed by the cop that gave me this ticket is no different than the building inspector that does a drive by. It's lazy, lacking in professionalism and work ethic and all too common, unfortunately.

I like cops. My family has a history of service to this city, and I can't help by think that they'd be disgusted.

(As an aside, I recently called to complain about a car blocking the alley. When the cop actually bothered to shop up, the first thing he did was berate the guy for making him get out of his air-conditioned car. These were literally the first things out of his mouth. I actually felt sorry I called the cops on the guy - a little.)

If you don't think a cop has a duty to at least GET OUT OF HIS CAR, than bring on the cameras and robots or move to London. We don't need to pay people to do this type of work. At this point, it's not a safety issue, it's purely revenue, so let's call the kettle what it is and let people fork over $500 a year to the city for a "park anywhere you want, skip the stop signs, forget the city sticker fee" and leave it at that. They city would make a lot more money and would hardly be any more unpleasant on the streets as it is because a cop won't get out of his car because someone blew a red light when he's got a guy with an "obstructed" plate tag in front of him.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dude, what are you talking about?

You actually have absolutely NO information on this officer what so ever. You have made up a bunch of stuff about the incident and then you turn around and apply all of the stuff you made up to the officer.

The facts are the facts. You were driving around without a valid sticker. End of story.

You can fabricate whatever aspects of the tale you would like. You can pretend you have a clue about his attitude, gender, etc. if it makes you feel better.

Too bad your only source of motivation to put the sticker on the car was a ticket or an immediate threat thereof (as evident by your statement: "I would have been happy if the aforementioned lazy SOB had pulled me over because I would have whipped that tag right out of the glove box and slapped it on the plate. PROBLEM SOLVED!").

I can't help but to think you are the lazy party here. I mean ****, you took the sticker out to the car with you, but you just couldn't be bothered to put it on the plate. Sure, you could put it in the glove box, which is easier cause you don't have to get your lazy *** out of your air conditioned car.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default How do you know a cop wrote the ticket? The ticket writers in the city walk around the

neighborhoods, on foot, with no air conditioning, no bikes, no cars, just their feet and will issue equipment violation tickets. I don't believe they have the same authority as police officers nor have they gone through the same training.

Revenue generating? Damn right. Keeps my costs down. (Taxes, fees, etc...) I own 6 cars in the city, all with renewal tags and all with city stickers. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me to register them in Wisconsin to get around the cost, in effect cheat the system since I'm a Chicago resident, I wouldn't need to work. I recently received a no front plate plate ticket and I gladly paid it without bitching and moaning about some lazy cop or it being a revenue generator. I was wrong, I paid it. What am I missing here?

Quick Reply: WTF! Ticket for expired sticker - never pulled over or parked.