Audi a7 BiTdi fuel injector issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi a7 BiTdi fuel injector issues

Hi,
I am in dire need of assistance from my fellow Audi owners. I purchased my 1-owner 2017 Audi a7 Bitdi a year ago. The car had 43k km(26k miles) on the odometer, and everything was fine. I took the car in for a service a few months ago at 58k km (36k miles) and during the inspection, they mentioned that the turbo was leaking exhaust gasses. The leak was minor and they said it would not cause any issues for the time being, since there were no oil leaks in the turbo, but I wanted to get it fixed anyways.

I had the car sent to an independent shop, which rebuilds turbos, and after that they mentioned that indeed the wastegate was faulty, and the cause was a blocked DPF, causing too much back pressure, which needed someplace to escape. Since the DPF was blocked, they said it would need to be replaced, since cleaning it was no longer possible, and would result in the same issue again. So the DPF was removed for now, and I'm looking for a replacement. After it was removed, the car would smoke a bit at idle. No black soot during acceleration, but white smoke during idle. They said that this is caused by a leaking injector, which would need to be replaced, and the leaking turbo was also caused by this, due to the smoke clogging the DPF abnormally fast. Now the car went in again to have the injectors tested on the bench, and they found that the injectors were not leaking from the tips nor the injector seals, but indeed the car was injecting too much fuel into the engine. At idle the norm should be around 1.5-5.9 ml, but mine is injecting 6.6-7.2 ml.

SO, my question is what should I do next? Replacing all the injectors would be around 2400 eur, and they said that this fix will not guarantee that the problem is solved, and I'm inclined to believe that there is a faulty O2, MAF, or other sensors, commanding the ECU to run rich. I'm already around 2000 EUR out of pocket and would like to fix the car finally, but I'm at a stalemate. Could anyone share some wisdom into what could be the culprit or where to go from here?

Thanks