Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Multi club GTG Sat, July 31st @ Little Buffalo State Park, in Central Pa

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi club GTG Sat, July 31st @ Little Buffalo State Park, in Central Pa

A friend of mine is organizing a multi car club GTG. Exact details are not ironed out, but he has the date and place set. If you are interested reply here with how many people you are bringing. Here is what he has to say:

I want to pull something together that has never been accomplished before. I want to pull together and have the stress of pulling together a picnic/car get-together of Lord of the Rings EPIC proportions. No fancy trophies, no prizes for best dressed. Just something where we can all get together and hang out, talk about cars and have a good ole fashioned barbeque. This is going to be family oriented so the wives, the children, and possibly even the pets can come along.

Right now my date set is Saturday, July 31st, 2004. The place I have in mind is Little Buffalo State Park, in central Pennsylvania. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepa...aspx#recreation The reason I have chosen this park is because it is a beautiful area, it is a nice drive even for those of us local to get there, it is out of the way (ie. avoiding trouble with the po-po), and it has a family oriented pool for all the kiddies and adults who act like kiddies. The way I looked at it, it probably would be in our best interest to rent a pavilion with electricity which would run around like $80-90 plus bring some grills (which the plethora of us local folk could probably accomplish).

Now I realize for you all in the dirty south, this would be nigh an impossibility to attend but it is something I want to pull together. The last picnic I organized was an absolute blast and I want to get back that "together" feeling of car enthusiasts. Everyone is welcome, even those who tend to not like me anymore.

I intend on making this broadcast to SPOC, STC, SPOT, XS, SS, NASIOC, I-CLUB, CLUB-WRX, CLUB-Si, AUDI WORLD, AUDI LIFE, and everyone else and their mother. This is a day of putting our differences aside and being one tuner community. I would like to see if we can accomplish more than we accomplished at my last organized event (we had close to 45 Saturn's alone). Something in the range of 100+ cars would be a fun day, wouldn't you think. Pot luck style, everyone brings something (if you can afford it) and/or chips in for stuff (there is a Giant Grocery store within about ~5 miles of the state park, I foresee many trips back and forth).

As a sublet to this, I was thinking of also making this a charity event potentially for the Children's Hospital at Hershey Medical Center, or something of the likes. Maybe getting people to sponsor you on how far you drive or whatnot to attend the event so that we can make one huge (ok, maybe just mediocre) donation to something worthwhile.

Opinions? Suggestions? Oh and yes, I have a high opinion of myself so you do not need to remind me. A friend of mine is organizing a multi car club GTG. Exact details are not ironed out, but he has the date and place set. If you are interested reply here with how many people you are bringing. Here is what he has to say:

I want to pull something together that has never been accomplished before. I want to pull together and have the stress of pulling together a picnic/car get-together of Lord of the Rings EPIC proportions. No fancy trophies, no prizes for best dressed. Just something where we can all get together and hang out, talk about cars and have a good ole fashioned barbeque. This is going to be family oriented so the wives, the children, and possibly even the pets can come along.

Right now my date set is Saturday, July 31st, 2004. The place I have in mind is Little Buffalo State Park, in central Pennsylvania. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepa...aspx#recreation The reason I have chosen this park is because it is a beautiful area, it is a nice drive even for those of us local to get there, it is out of the way (ie. avoiding trouble with the po-po), and it has a family oriented pool for all the kiddies and adults who act like kiddies. The way I looked at it, it probably would be in our best interest to rent a pavilion with electricity which would run around like $80-90 plus bring some grills (which the plethora of us local folk could probably accomplish).

Now I realize for you all in the dirty south, this would be nigh an impossibility to attend but it is something I want to pull together. The last picnic I organized was an absolute blast and I want to get back that "together" feeling of car enthusiasts. Everyone is welcome, even those who tend to not like me anymore.

I intend on making this broadcast to SPOC, STC, SPOT, XS, SS, NASIOC, I-CLUB, CLUB-WRX, CLUB-Si, AUDI WORLD, AUDI LIFE, and everyone else and their mother. This is a day of putting our differences aside and being one tuner community. I would like to see if we can accomplish more than we accomplished at my last organized event (we had close to 45 Saturn's alone). Something in the range of 100+ cars would be a fun day, wouldn't you think. Pot luck style, everyone brings something (if you can afford it) and/or chips in for stuff (there is a Giant Grocery store within about ~5 miles of the state park, I foresee many trips back and forth).

As a sublet to this, I was thinking of also making this a charity event potentially for the Children's Hospital at Hershey Medical Center, or something of the likes. Maybe getting people to sponsor you on how far you drive or whatnot to attend the event so that we can make one huge (ok, maybe just mediocre) donation to something worthwhile.

Opinions? Suggestions? Oh and yes, I have a high opinion of myself so you do not need to remind me. Thank you, Keith O. McKeever, Jr.

Park info:
Little Buffalo State Park
720 Gill Hill Rd
Newport, Pa 17074
717-567-9255
Old 06-20-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one more thing

this GTG is open to anyone. The more the merrier, so pass this message along.