Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

AW redesign feedback: i think the efforts thus far have been to improve navigation and...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AW redesign feedback: i think the efforts thus far have been to improve navigation and...

start massaging the style sheet... i can already tell it is heading in the right direction.

i would bet graphic design updates are on the way. the current simple background lets them preview layout changes, without fighting with a newly committed to color palette and texture changes at the same time.

some things do look like shortcuts (logo looks roughly cleaned up from old version over old background, placement and naming of some text links are a bit awkward) for now, but i wouldn't expect them to remain in this transitional state for too long.

<b>things that should change:</b>
1) cleanly integrate logo in masthead
2) more interesting masthead bgrnd (but not busy and dated like old one!)
3) rollover highlight color with less eyestrain (add a little gray value to darken up that bright orange and it will be there)
4) use of border lines or soft drop shadows to divide framed areas (a la 'macromedia.com')
5) updated graphics for page headers/titles; maybe universal-style icon approach (think olympic icons), instead of the clip-arty, stock icons currently used

<b>good work thus far AW! don't fall prey to feedback that makes it much busier!</b>