Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

display mode options (linear, threaded, etc) doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I understand and respect that yourself, and all the other users here used and loved kawf.
From an individual who has used kawf and vbulletin a lot, I have found kawf very limited in what it can do.
I'm sure you have a study or report somewhere that shows that how all the ad-viewing users of audiworld desperately wanted private messaging and no message threading?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

And smiley faces!!!11! Bumpbbubmpbump!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank god you guys finally upgraded to vb!

All the luddites just need to get used to it. Any change is going to **** off people used to the old way. No matter how archaic and limited the old kawf was, it's "the best" to people that considered it home.

I was always frustrated at the kawf setup (didn't even know what it was called except "old"). It's the only one that isn't vb of the forums I visit. I know as a mod, vb is far easier to maintain.

all the hate will fade soon enough.
AudiWorld Senior Member

From an individual who has used kawf and vbulletin a lot, I have found kawf very limited in what it can do.
No No No....You STILL don't get it. The overwhelming majority of AWers are not her to "use the software" so to speak. We're not interested in "what the software can do". We just want a friendly, personable forum where we can feel connected. You're missing out on what made the former AW great. It wasn't about "features" and "programmability". It was about the people. KAWF made it easy for people to connect intimately and almost in real time, on the internet. That's a rare feat in this world of impersonal and sterile (and same) web forums.
AudiWorld Senior Member

I understand and respect that yourself, and all the other users here used and loved kawf.
At AW we were content with what it did, it got the job done.

I and many others have just discovered how very limited the usefulness of this site will be. Years of of information has essentially vanished.

Last edited by quattro89; 03-16-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audiTLC

all the hate will fade soon enough.

yea cause the majority of people are going to leave and post elsewhere (in kawf based forums)
Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Most of us have used vB or similar software at other sites for quite a while. There's a reason we kept coming back to Audiworld. I'd love for someone to explain exactly what it is I've been missing all this time.

Do I really care that much that this site has changed? No. But it is surely a shame. I'm definitely going to miss the ability to read an entire discussion at once.

I have to tell you though. Your software is pathetic in its abilities.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by TheLex
No No No....You STILL don't get it. The overwhelming majority of AWers are not her to "use the software" so to speak. We're not interested in "what the software can do". We just want a friendly, personable forum where we can feel connected. You're missing out on what made the former AW great. It wasn't about "features" and "programmability". It was about the people. KAWF made it easy for people to connect intimately and almost in real time, on the internet. That's a rare feat in this world of impersonal and sterile (and same) web forums.
This is what happens when you let engineers decide on how things work with out taking in to account user interaction. The self moderation tools and functions of VB I'm sure are great, and make the administrators happy because they don't have to manage it as much. But it ruined the conversational communication and flow that is more like real life communication. Look at gmail, a conversational email system. How cool is that!

This is a huge step backwards. Just for the ease of backend management. You'll lose significant users and traffic from this change. Your loss in the end IB.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by HAudidoody (Jrsyboy)
I have to tell you though. Your software is pathetic in its abilities.
Forgive me (and I may regret asking this ), how do you find it so?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Forgive me (and I may regret asking this ), how do you find it so?
Just keep reading. Everyone is saying the same thing. Please post traffic stats for one month before and one month after this change.

kthx bye

Quick Reply: display mode options (linear, threaded, etc) doesn't work...