Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

display mode options (linear, threaded, etc) doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
It was.I think may be aware that nothing is hack proof.

vB is a lot more secure than Kawf in that regard though.
In what regard? Slower password hashing? External security audits and pen testing?

Trying to do a per IP auth tarpit doesn't help with directed attacks.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by YYC_A4
I'm surprised that the communis opinio is of minimal importance - as I fail to see how one can make a site "the best" if a large portion of it's members dislike the current practices.
To partially quote myself in another thread...

Im sure this scenario was discussed thoroughly before the vB roll-out and its obvious that IB sees long time users and contributors to this site as acceptable losses and really has no interest in pleasing or retaining us. They can say they do but in reality its their way or the highway.

To them its all about acquiring younger new Audi owners who have known nothing but vB. Its a shame the exodus of all the knowledgeable and long time users will likely mean this place will turn into another vwvortex...
Old 03-16-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by oldkenobi

Im sure this scenario was discussed thoroughly before the vB roll-out and its obvious that IB sees long time users and contributors to this site as acceptable losses and really has no interest in pleasing or retaining us. They can say they do but in reality its their way or the highway.

To them its all about acquiring younger new Audi owners who have known nothing but vB. Its a shame the exodus of all the knowledgeable and long time users will likely mean this place will turn into another vwvortex...
True, perhaps I'm just wasting my breath...
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TheLex
It may be the best forum software out there but IMO AW has now lost much of its "sense of community", and that was what made this forum THE BEST. This new format is slow, has less desirable features, and is cold and sterile. I still believe in the community, but it's not the same. Sad day.
They paid for the community only to disband it with stupid decisions. Nice waste of money IB!

Curious how a 10 year old "outdated" format can handle things like images in a signature and threading, yet this AWESOME vgarbage can't? *yawn*

*BUMP*
Old 03-16-2009, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

the sad thing is that they could careless about real knowledge, it is the number of posts they care about....

Old 03-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Internet Brands

We don't wish to change the userbase here.
If ultimately people decide to leave Audiworld as a result of this, I would be dissapointed, but unfortunately there is little I can do, I am not going to come around to your house and break your legs if you decide you don't like Audiworld with vBulletin.

I might add, I would not deem loosing one person from the site as an "acceptable loss". I genuinely have a lot of faith in the vbulletin product, and what it can deliver to audiworld.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by DVS27t
Curious how a 10 year old "outdated" format can handle things like images in a signature...
vB can handle images in signatures.
You just need to upload your picture
Go here:
https://forums.audiworld.com/profile...=editsignature
Upload your picture from either a website, or your computer, then click the link that is created "Insert Signature Picture".

I hope that helps
Adrian
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TheLex
No No No....You STILL don't get it. The overwhelming majority of AWers are not her to "use the software" so to speak. We're not interested in "what the software can do". We just want a friendly, personable forum where we can feel connected. You're missing out on what made the former AW great. It wasn't about "features" and "programmability". It was about the people. KAWF made it easy for people to connect intimately and almost in real time, on the internet. That's a rare feat in this world of impersonal and sterile (and same) web forums.
dude, im has been around for quite a bit.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I might add, I would not deem loosing one person from the site as an "acceptable loss".
dude, quit typing "loosing" when you mean "losing"....you've done it twice now and it makes folk lose faith in the message....
Old 03-17-2009, 12:03 AM

We don't wish to change the userbase here.
If ultimately people decide to leave Audiworld as a result of this, I would be dissapointed, but unfortunately there is little I can do, I am not going to come around to your house and break your legs if you decide you don't like Audiworld with vBulletin.

I might add, I would not deem loosing one person from the site as an "acceptable loss". I genuinely have a lot of faith in the vbulletin product, and what it can deliver to audiworld.
If you didn't want to change the user base, you would be more receptive to your current audience. Sadly, that faith you mention is unilateral.

Quick Reply: display mode options (linear, threaded, etc) doesn't work...