Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Do you guys regret ditching kawf?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said, thank you for the honesty.

I've been more or less lurking since the change and trying to like it... as a long time user I'll be here but it's lacking the community feel. It's gotten better and I give you all credit for your efforts.

I think what put most people off is the way the users were treated by IB, we're not sheeple. I know we can't go back but IB ever tries to change over another site they buy, user involvement is VERY important. I think this is what really broke down the community, software was a close second.

You might have replaced the users you've lost with more quantity but not quality and the quality is what made the site so useful.

Just a couple thoughts.....

-Scott
Old 03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

just poked my head back over here from QW. Read this thread and got a pop-up advertisement.

I wasn't aware that you could throw any more ads in my face, but I was wrong.

So long AW, you're the ex-girlfriend that got ugly, fat, and married a truck driver.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

What was this "pop up" advertisement for pray tell? I ask, because I get no pop up ads of any kind.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LMAO

LOL Adrian! Here's a couple things since you still seem to be missing the boat all these years later:
(1) The site did not need updated software, your team was too lazy to understand simple software designed in the 90's. Instead, you wanted to promote your craptastic software forums that has plagued the rest of the internet. There's a reason we were all here and not out "there."

(2) You say: "We are able to provide users with a much improved and more reliable experience with our current software." - That is complete and utter BS. The vB user experience is probably one of the worst forum experiences I have ever tried to have. The best Lotus forums are on yahoo group forum software and they completely suck, but they aren't even near as bad as this. Again, it was fine how it was.

(3) "We did loose some great users over the change" - actually, I think you probably lost 99% of the great users. This place is nothing now. It's a place where noobs will come and ask stupid questions about their cars.

(4) "I don't think we regret electing to move Audiworld to a new software" - REALLY? After all of this, you don't regret it? The users are GONE. You chased everyone away. How could you not regret that? This site is basically useless. The comparison numbers don't lie. The day you switched to vB was the day that Audiworld died and Audiworld Jr. was born. Unfortunately, we'll never be back and all of the expertise that made this site successful has been taken away from you. I think you should regret that.

This is probably my first post since the change to vB. I hope you're happy with what turned out to be the biggest monetary loss in IB's history. GO TEAM!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

this thread will receive more posts than the remainder of this dump forum for 2011. Cheers guys - I was here.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yup, AW lost 99% of its users when it made the switch. Perfect example: PacNW forum used to have (prior to the switch) dozens, if not hundreds, of posts EVERY DAY. Just looked today (March 3rd).... the last new thread was Jan 1st, and I could only find one other post made in 2011. Wow, a whopping 2 posts in all of 2011!!! Is this place dead? Deny it all you want, but the truth oftentimes hurts.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

PacNW lost most of everyone since JoshD lives there. There are forums here that get tons more posting than QW equivalent and as you noted many here that don't get any.