Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

The featured article on detailing the S4 is like a lame infomercial.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .................hmmmmm........

What's so wrong with the Unknowledgeable detail folks trying Adam's? What's the big deal? It's a new product... what you didn't expect there to be hype about it? like when Lidatek hit Audiworld... good lord! At the end of the day... it does its job.

Repackaged Chemical guys stuff... do you have proof? You want to talk about being defensive...you're taking blank jabs. IF you're a fan of a different product... go hype it... that's what the free market is all about right?

BTW.. I'm not the Adam's Posterchild... I wish...I just post a sh1tload and when I see or use a good product... I'll pimp it.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm not taking blank jabs.

I have no proof Adam's Polishes is repackaged Chemical Guys. I did not insist that was the case - it was a question. A question no one has answered.

I think it's great that you stand behind products that you use. But you're obviously heavily involved in Adam's Polishes - doesn't that make you biased?

If the new guys want to try Adam's, or Turtle Wax, or Meguir's, I'm completely happy for them. I just want them to have a fair shot at making up their own minds.

You say there's a lot of talk and suggestions for other products, but it's been my perception that no other detial product is being pushed as much as Adam's right now on AudiWorld.

The article in question is simply unsettling because it seems heavily biased in an almost paid-for sort of way. I think that's the point RickM was trying to make.

If the article was about Zaino, I'd have the same feeling - and I love Zaino products.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks. I think that answer just goes to the other comments - some people on this forum are rookies

and its sort of disingenuous for someone who makes money off orders to suggest a specific product. I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were in your shoes, but hopefully you can see my point.

And this statement goes to Phil's posts too. Like I said though, Phil's been great over email, etc., and he seems like a great guy, but I just don't think its right for people to suggest products when they have a financial stake in the process -- irrespective of how big or little that stake is.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If written the same way, it would still be LAME regardless of what products were used.

<i>It's clear that Jason was impressed with the outcome of the detail.</i>

This is a joke, right? The gushing starts after the car is <i>washed</i> for chrissakes, before any detailing even begins. The article is a lame infomercial masquerading as something else, and it's dishonest not to identify it accurately for AW visitors.

Saying that it's a "news" piece and not a "tech" article is weak deflection. This is an enthusiast's site. Would you accept as a "news" piece on AW a review of a new car that had absurdly simplistic, uniformative descriptions of the driving experience? This detailing article is the car-review equivalent of, "Gosh, it drove really well and we were all impressed." And I take it from your defense that you want more of the same?

I guess idiotic mediocrity sells.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You're the only one with a product agenda.

I don't have an opinion one way or another about Adams products, and as stated on the detailing forum I've said nothing about them in these posts. My criticism is directed at the nature of the article and the people at AW who decided to post it. Your defense of it is weirdly exaggerated overreaction. Frankly I'd be interested to hear from Jason just who he thinks he was writing that article for. And what AW was paid to put it online. But I doubt I'll see answers to either of those questions.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Default I can see where you're coming from.. but if the people who push the product

aren't believers... how else are we going to convince someone to at the very least try the product?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:53 PM

Default like i said ... what are you looking for.. a popular science article? you watn a scientific

break down of the products and how it bonds to the clearcoat? You want a detailed how to detail a car article? That's already been done.. Troy H has a good one up in the detailing forum. I guess you're right.. we all drive audis... not the best... not the worst.. mediocrity does sell.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:03 PM

He's looking for naked women and fireworks, it IS detailing for chrissake.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:18 PM

Default and? the current news article says it's great..

nuff said.. what more should it say? seriously?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Former Vendor

Default Hey guys I just wanted to chime in...

I feel that the forum is a great place to express your feelings on issues like product, our cars, our mods etc...I have absolutely no problem with any of this. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail me or better yet call me.

phil@eastarsinc.com
201-233-0003

I would be glad to talk to anyone who wants to know more about the detail job done for Jason or more about Adam's Polishes.

I by no means use them exclusively but I do love their products as well I am a distributor for them .

I'm also looking at more products to offer AW guys.

For the record we detailed Jason's car before I became a distributor for Adam's Polishes.

Anyway besides all the good, bad, and speculated press or talk about it, I do like Adam's product and strongly believe in it. He's a good guy and they have great customer support. If I can't help you out, you are always welcome to speak Adam about it anytime.

Quick Reply: The featured article on detailing the S4 is like a lame infomercial.