Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

I like the new format... definitely needs tweaking though....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like the new format... definitely needs tweaking though....

Good job everyone involved for making this happen - I understand that you have to change with the times or you get left behind; its a business thing!

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but... last time I checked sign-up fee's weren't paid to the site so I'm not really sure why so many people are taking this so personal.

Anyway - keep the tweaks coming and get rid of the damn brown already!!

Rich
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

We're not "taking it so personal"...but given that:

1) We overwhelmingly asked IB not to do this and they did it anyway, and

2) IB is not a group of Audi enthusiasts, it's a company that buys random websites strictly for profit, and

3) Members of the old AW have created a site that's both running Kawf and administered by people who actually own and love Audis...

...a lot of us are migrating to what we feel to be a better home.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Joey T

We at quattroworld will miss your wit and unending technical assistance. I assume, of course, all 236 of your posts were both witty and filled with technical wonderment.

Interesting move IB. You seem to have really brought the lurkers out to defend you. But what will they see on their new format once the go back to lurking?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Turnabout is fair play. The last time I checked the users of the site which generate the vast majority of the content found on Audiworld's servers were not being compensated in anyway. I'm not sure why IB is so surprised that the heavy contributors are disappointed and leaving in droves. Without contributors AW might remain as a useful reference archive but very little in the way of new user generated content will be made. At least that's my conjecture based on my eight years of membership. The tale will be told by the site revenues and viewership stats. I suspect we'll all know the score in six months or so.

Change for the sake of change is rarely a good idea, especially when that change also alienates the core value of the business - eyeballs. I look forward to watching AW plow on down the failroad.

Be sure and hit QuattroWorld.com for actual content in the future.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default One small change, that's all it would take...

All I want is one small change and I'd be happy with the new format .... I just want to be able to see the title of every post at Forum level and not just once I've opened a thread.

Do that and I'll stop bitching and join the supporters of this new format.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Joey T
We at quattroworld will miss your wit and unending technical assistance. I assume, of course, all 236 of your posts were both witty and filled with technical wonderment.

Interesting move IB. You seem to have really brought the lurkers out to defend you. But what will they see on their new format once the go back to lurking?
I guess it makes you feel better to be sarcastic about my whopping 236 posts.. It's all good though.. It doesn't phase me either way... But just shows you're still lurking around too huh!!

AW, like AZ and QW, has and will continue to provide good insight and I try to add whenever possible. I unfortunately don't have the time or luxury to post every thought that pops in my head just for the sake of watching my post counter go up!!

Hopefully the changes will be for the better... if not, its on to the next site that does...no harm no foul..

Oh well - I knew I would get flamed for it....
Old 03-18-2009, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MercutioATC
We're not "taking it so personal"...but given that:

1) We overwhelmingly asked IB not to do this and they did it anyway, and

2) IB is not a group of Audi enthusiasts, it's a company that buys random websites strictly for profit, and

3) Members of the old AW have created a site that's both running Kawf and administered by people who actually own and love Audis...

...a lot of us are migrating to what we feel to be a better home.
Makes sense... definitely a lot to be said about a site created FOR Audi owners BY Audi owners...