ACT Clutch - Watch out for them

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACT Clutch - Watch out for them

I bought a clutch from ACT, Advanced Clutch Technologies, and for some reason it had some defects on the Pressure Plate. Mike over at the Audi Dealership is sintalling it for me. Well. Their service sucks. They said they would have a 48 hour turn around on the PP once it got in their hands so we sent it next day shipping. Well. A week later I call them, expecting it to be in Florida already, but they didn't even send it out, and they said there were no defects. So on the same day I called the guy said he would send it 3 day back to use instead of ground because of my car being out of service for 2 weeks and them taking so long to get it inspected. well. 4 days later, today, still no sign of the clutch.

Mike said that it was a material problem on the clutch. We couldn't put the car into 1st or 2nd gear but we did get it into 3rd with some force. To get it into reverse, 1st, or second we turned off the car to get it to stop turning and put it into reverse or what not and turned it back on. with the clutch pedal fully pressed in the car was shaking because it was partially engaged.

Mike took out the clutch and tested it out with the stock PP and the whole thing worked fine with the ACT disc and the Autotech Lightweight Flywheel. I am going to call ACT up tomorrow and B1tch them out tomorrow. Companies like this suck.

So there is the low down on that. The autotech flywheel though was very nice and worked fine. heh. it was shipped fast and all but i guess that is because they are a bigger company. i dunno.

Hope this helps somebody out and if anybody has had expierence with ACT please post. Hehe.

D_Bat - Caleb Hammel
d-bat@cfl.rr.com
volkswagen@cfl.rr.com
http://vwjetta.n3.net
1999 A3 Jetta VR6

P.S. I am going to be going to UCF next year so I will be able to finally hang with you guys. Woohoo!!!!! peace.