Is anybody familiar with Tire Kingdom's return policy? [long post]

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anybody familiar with Tire Kingdom's return policy? [long post]

I live in Miami and I just had my tires changed at Tire Kingdom an hour ago.

When I first called them, I told them I was looking for --among other tires-- Falken Azenis ST-115's. They told me they had Azenis, but the computer did not specify which type and that they had to go get them at another location. They wouldn't go unless I brought the car in, which is understandable.

So I did, signed the paperwork --which only specified "Falken Azenis"-- and left. True, I should've emphasized I was only interested in the FK-115's, but I didn't.

Two hours later, I went to pick up the car and, to my surprise, the car had brand new Azenis Rs's installed. I told them those were not the tires I had ordered and they said I hadn't specified and that I had to pay and take the car like that. In all honesty, I didn't fuss much, as I knew they were more expensive tires. I even said, "It's OK." I just had no idea they had such a poor wet traction (I live in Miami) and would only last me about 10K miles. It was only till I got home and read a bit that I found this out.

I've called corporate and they say a regional manager should be calling me in a few days. This is, obviously, bull, as these stores always work on a local I-make-my-own-rules-depending-on-how-I-like-you basis.

I will try calling the store back tomorrow morning (they are closed now), but they will tell me the same thing.

Anybody know what Tire Kingdom's general return policy is? Or maybe other stores of this type? What can I do now?
Old 05-22-2004, 11:15 PM

Default look at your receipt and...

take it up with corporate that you would like them to resolve this miscommunication in a friendly manner. If they don't, you better file a dispute against that credit card bill. There would be an investigation if you do that. i doubt it would move to court especially if your CC company resolves the matter. You really need to go back there, talk to the manager, if that doesn't work, ask for his supervisor or corporate and explain you're story. Don't threat them or mention filing a dispute, but let them know you're not satisfied if they end up not helping you out in a resonable amount of time.

thats all i can think of at 3:17 am. Hope it helps.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Heh! Thanks. That's what I did, although I didn't have to go as far as...

... filing a dispute with the CC company. Read my other post above for latest update.

Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default OK, last update. I talked to them and I'm getting the T1-S's for $130! Woohoo!

Seems they have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee policy down here in Florida.