FHP= Florida's Highest Profit margin....and other witty ancedotes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FHP= Florida's Highest Profit margin....and other witty ancedotes...

Driving back on I-10 in my GF's civic, doing 79 in the right hand lane and getting passed consistently. Barney Fife pulls me over and writes me a full cite for doing 79 in a 70. In response to my incredulity, he stated that the only reason I got a ticket was because I didn't hit the brakes when I saw him clocking me. ?!? I guess it's much safer for me to lock up the brakes everytime I see a trooper and cause a pile up rather than go 9mph over in a 70.

In an 8 mile stretch we counted 15 cars pulled over.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Its one thing to be pulled over in an audi or vw, but a speeding ticket in a civic is just wrong...

jk... sorry dude, that sucks.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:32 PM

busy Beavers... err... Bears...
Old 12-30-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Bah. Pigs have nothing better to do. Too bad traffic officers>>>

arent employed in the private sector. We could all be rich
Old 12-30-2003, 06:02 PM

Default My dad is a traffic cop. He couldnt believe the guy actually wrote me for that.

He is a city cop, and usually writes warnings for 10 or less over in a 45mph zone.

I'm not surprised, I know a Sky Marshall that got ticketed on I-4 in his Bureau car back when he was FBI by none other than FHP.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:00 PM

Default I never realised I-10 was so heavily clocked

Until I was told by a friend in tally after I set the cruise @ 105 on the way there. I was damn lucky not to run across any cops

FWIW clocking on that road is strictly revenue, one could lose control out there and just end up driving through a cow pasture, there is nothing out there.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:29 AM

Default No offense to your father, but cops are still a pain >>>

and out there to make money. I have no doubt about it. The number of cops here in Melbourne is just unreal.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:46 AM

Default Did you tell him you were "signal zero"?

I swear shane, you have the worst luck when it comes to cops. I guess I should defintely count my blessings. All 23 of them.
FHP can't tear up tickets either. A local or county cop can tear up a ticket after it's written but not an FHP officer.
I would be mad as hell if I were you. That's F-N messed up. That kind of cop is what gives other (good) cops a bad name.

Scott
Old 12-31-2003, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I think what you're driving and how old you are makes a difference.

I used to drive an Acura Integra GS-R. (There was a good reason: I could fit a bicycle in the back of it, which isn't something you can do with most cars.) I would get tickets for relatively minor infractions; after a while I decided it was because I was driving a car usually associated with 19-year olds with backwards baseball caps toting around 600lbs of stereo equipment. So I bought a nondescript silver German sedan with trunk space to fit my bicycle into -- just so happened to be a B5 S4. I've been stopped in it, and in its successor, a B6 S4, but only gotten the duty lecture. Why? My theory is that I more resemble a pillar of the community than does a driver of a cheap, plentiful Japanese car that is a favorite of rice boys (a Civic would fit that description). Cops are people too, and they jump to conclusions from sketchy information just like everyone else.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:59 AM

Default No offense taken. I knew what you meant. Some depts use common sense when it comes to traffic >

and some are the gestapo like FHP.

Quick Reply: FHP= Florida's Highest Profit margin....and other witty ancedotes...