Hey, i got a great idea for a AUDI club day!!!!!!! Really good idea!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL k
Old 02-25-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Tell you what Warren....

Ill come and watch, bring the beer and shiat....sound good? Im always in for watching people kill there cars
Old 02-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Elder Member

Default I completly understand your views and the differences in the clubs.

What I don't understand was the opposition and somewhat condescending tone that this place can take when people mention a drag racing track event.

I know that the median age of this group is higher than that of the BMW club, attributing to the difference in activity level. There's also the different stereotypes of all the different drivers of all the different cars out there. I never bought into any of that though, and some of my good friends drive mullet missles and jacked up pick up trucks and big turbo imports and even some (tasteful, non rice) hondas. But when it comes down to it, we're all just guys who love our cars, love to drive 'em, love to tinker with 'em, love to wash 'em, etc. I think the idea of an inter-club drag day is awesome and would bring alot of local car dorks together for a few hours of **** talkin and racing and then some lunch and beers and more **** talking afterwards. All in the name of fun and having fun with our cars. But maybe I'm just a little too optimistic, like Warren.

So if I don't see you at Bithlo, I hope share a drink or two with you in Sebring.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My Counter-Counter Proposal:

Get some booze, buy some womens, and make it the weekend before Sebring.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

By the way.... when are you changing your aw name? :-)
Old 02-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Elder Member

Never!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bravo...

I've been observing this thread over the last couple of days, and I have enjoyed most of it.

However, I do have a few points:

1. AudiJon, let me start off by appologizing again for all the resentment and discontent that I had for you last year. Not sure where it came from, but Jeff Nickel was right. Once I sat down, had a beer with you and really talked to you one on one you are one cool guy. You care about one thing overall, and that's having fun with your car. Reguardles of the fact of if it's an Audi, BMW, Subi, or a freaking Suzuki Areo, you fall along the same lines with a majority of people in this and many other clubs: You have the disease that is a Love for Motorsport.

2. Pissing contest's aside, that is the biggest reason of all to have a Bithlow track day. Believe it or not, but about 3 years ago I suggested the same thing at a meeting to Christian, Jody, Jon, Spinti, and even Jorge. I got the same responce, " audi's arent drag cars" "we're not that kind of club" etc.

But the point is, that car for car, B5 A4 to B5 A4, driver to driver, it could be a fun comparison. you dont have to push your car so hard that you're going to break stuff. I went to bithlow a couple of times and the best i could do is a 15.2. I just do not have enough practice launching my car in that way.

3. I, personally, came to the realization the last time I went to Bithlow that this type of racing is not for me. I much prefer the excitement of AutoCrossing and Road Racing. That is what I'm spending most of my time/money getting prepared for. But that's me.

4. In the world of drag racing only one rule stands above all and can not be refuted.:

Speed Cost's Money

The more you are willing to spend on any given car, the faster you will go (givin the fact taht you go with a reputable tuner). That is a fact of life that you have to accept, and you must race in your specific class. Unless you are just wanting to make your car go faster than before.

All in all, I think this could be a fun event. We might even be able to get a couple of porsche's and ferarri's out to have a little fun. These types of events are good to get to know the other clubs in the area and keep connections open.

Thank's to Warren, and Jon for their enthusiasm. It really helps to spark nerves and get people rolling on events.

on an off topic note, we really need to set up another day at Ocala for Karting. That was freaking awesome and I really want to do it again!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:45 AM

I could prolly talk my roomy into coming out... ('03 Mach 1)
Old 02-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Arrange drags only "off" the forums? Oh, please (edited)

I've heard the arguments against drag racing Audis for years: The cars weren't made for it, the sport itself and/or the people who engage in it are somehow inferior to those in road course driving/racing, etc.

My reply: Thanks for the input but this is my car, I've tried road course "driver's ed" as well as drags, I know the risks of both & what I like to do, and I'm not a child. Please don't try to limit how we can use AW to organize legal fun with our Audis.

If AW was an official arm of AOA, I could perhaps see the point of not helping drag race fans get organized. That would conflict with AOA's anti-racing, anti-competition-of-any-kind warranty provisions.

But AW isn't AOA; it's by and for Audi enthusiasts. Let us enthuse in all ways legal & fun!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:42 AM

2nd

Quick Reply: Hey, i got a great idea for a AUDI club day!!!!!!! Really good idea!!