What's up with the florida.audiworld.com site??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up with the florida.audiworld.com site??

Are you guys redoing it? What kind of wonderful things should we expect?
Old 06-05-2002, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I had Ross take it down.......

I am just really tired of our site being a copy of SFL's site; we haven't had an updated original site since Craig Marshall last updated it back in '99. Our club is made up of 80% IT folks....yet no one will ever do the site for us. But I know that everyone is tired of me complaining about the website.......

ALSO we got in trouble with the national chapter since we had copied a phrase from the SFL site that really pissed off the national folks. Their site stated:

"It is not a requirement to be a member of the Audi Car Club of North America to participate in the Audi Club of Central Florida. We currently don't require any dues or formal registration."

They were very upset with us since they had helped sponsor our Sebring corral and do support us in other ways. So, I am going to start making you folks join the national chapter since they are spending a lot of money on us.

ALSO....Markus, can you take that above statement off your website as well? Thanks.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:54 AM

Default No problem, I'll change it tonight.

I've been trying to add some more stuff to the North Florida site. Don't know if anyone is actually using it, but it I'm having a good time learning (ASP, Photochop, Frontpage, etc.).

I didn't really want an exact copy of the SFL site either. I'd be glad to help out in anyway on the CFL site if you guys want.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Heh at least I updated it though. :-)

Marcus, don't bother using any ASP because audiworld is ran on Linux/Apache and I don't think Johannes has anything like chilisoft! installed. I was going to use PHP to do the site in I just haven't had the time to learn it.<ul><li><a href="http://www.php.net/">http://www.php.net/</a</li></ul>
Old 06-05-2002, 12:34 PM

Default I ran into that problem when I started looking at scripts...

but I come from a Microsoft world (MCSE w/ 5+ years NT work experience). So, I just link all my ASP stuff to www.brinkster.com. They let you set up a free account on an IIS server. All of the server side scripting (chat room, local classifieds, guestbook) on the North Florida site runs from brinkster.com.

Check out the new features I added to the site if you get a chance. I put them up several weeks ago and no one has used them yet. Oh, well.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ok, how many times have I offered to do it over a saturday if you get me content?!

Many times! You never followed up. I'll do the samn site but I told you I'm not sitting around jacking off for content. I'd also prefer to use a NT based server, but at this point I'm game for anything.