after yesterday's road rage post.... i'm just curious...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Granted my memory fades after so many years, but I was told that its illegal in drivers ed.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default if it is, it's definitely not enforced. drive up 83 north of the beltway some day

you'll see what i mean
Old 05-17-2007, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default the right lane is what I use as a passing lane....

you find the worst offenders of using the left lane to just "cruise" are weekend drivers. Drives me nuts. It never fails, even I don't know what day of the week it is, I know its a weekend when the right lane is completly open and the left lane is going slow.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Americans as a whole will NEVER accept the whole 'pass left, stay right' idea...

if they would just even understand what the blinky lights indicate, AND USE THEM, I believe many road rage problems would be solved. I'd be willing to trade left lane cruisers for proper use of signals.

Funny that I've observed on my drives in to work each day (70 miles each way, all but 5 miles of it is in MD), the only people that ever let me merge in to the flow of traffic or not speed up to shut the door when I'm changing lanes are cars with VA plates!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dude, I honked at a white Chrysler minivan last night on the GWP for cruising in the left lane (more

The driver swerved into the left lane from the right lane for no reason at all - no cars in front of him in the right lane.

After I honked and passed him on the right, he started chasing after me.

He eventually passed me and I saw U.S. Gov't plates on the vehicle. I nearly had a heart attack - thought it might've been U.S. Park Police or something.

Luckily he didn't pull me over.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Worst offenders are DC cabbies driving to/from Dulles. They don't have a fuxxing clue once they're

out of the District.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'd rather have everyone 'keep right except'...signal usage is a law, and enforcable.

Also, nice Venture Bros. sig pic...one of the greatest, little-known shows.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default more than likely it was just a vehicle from one of the MANY military bases

around this area... ****, i drive one quite often, gov plates and all...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
Default it's the culture now...

following rules is not cool. it's one thing to be one of the million feeble minded elderly on the road these days struggling to make simple stop or go decisions or perhaps a poorly trained noob driver... but to consciously make the choice to not care that you shouldn't be hogging the fast lane and bs'n on the cell or swinging from lane to lane cutting people off without a turn signal is all about making a statement: "F-U"!! if you have a sense of where the american culture's been going the last 15 yrs or so, you understand my point here. that is all.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default man, that hit the nail on the head...

its hilarious when you get behind someone in the left lane, and they are obviously just "chilling" there, i move as far to the left as i can, and as someone else said yesterday, hit my brights a few times... i try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and if after say, 1/2 a mile, they are still there... perma-high-beams, if that doesn't work, i go around them, and slow up just a bit to **** them off, hoping to come up next to a car in the lane next, and hope they get behind them, and i take off... i know, i know, its retarded but, its how i get my rocks off every now and then...

another thing i ****ing hate is a$$holes without EZ pass, staying in the EZ pass lanes until the last minute, when those of us with EZ pass get stuck behind them anyway, kind of defeats the damn purpose of it... AAAAHHHH!!!!

Quick Reply: after yesterday's road rage post.... i'm just curious...