after yesterday's road rage post.... i'm just curious...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
Default I do it everyday going to Hunt Valley...

though it's the same crap that's on every other highway in MD. The only good thing about 83N is that it's usually moving unlike 695. I used to have a lot of fun when I traveled to work from Rockville to Ft. Meade everyday... as if 495 wasn't hell enough, I had to look forward to the jerks on 95N blockading the fast lane. They really didn't need to be there, on a mostly unconjested 4 lane highway, when they could have easily settled into a spot and modest pace in one of the right lanes. They just didn't give-a-****.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default totally understand....

one slight difference is that I think its a little more "where I'm going and what I'm doing is much more important that you," and self-centered than just disobeying the law as a statement. I don't give most people that much credit to make the conscious decision to make a statement like that.

Still... I think we're on the same page.

When cut off I've been heard to scream out the window, "It's all about you!"
Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I did that slow-up thing...

one time to a fool on 95N around Greenbelt who finally did move over to the right where he could've stayed at his pace but guess what? as soon as I sped up, he went right back to blocking the fast lane.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I somewhat agree with you...

in relation to some cell phone chics and the yapping oblivious soccer moms, but there are a lot of knuckleheads around Baltimore who make a conscious decision to not use turn signals. I've had this conversation with co-workers who admit to doing this, though one did try to justify his practice saying, "people won't let my big suv merge when I use the turn signal". I countered with, "so why not use the signal when you're making a simple lane change and there's room?" Hell, use a quick turn signal when jumping into a tight opening, at least you showed some courtesy. I sometimes have to do that to get into a tight lane and I'll also throw a wave as a gesture of thanks and excuse me.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I found myself throw'n the thank-you gesture waves more often now...

as my little contribution of giving POSITIVE reinforcement to these borderline 'idiots'. I thrown them in situations like: left lane squatters whom finally moved right after my flashing, or folks letting me merge in. For left lane traffic that AUTOMATICALLY moves over when I approach with faster speed, they get the wave PLUS thumbs up. :-)

I guess I'm starting to use track point-by-pass gesturing mentality on regular roads. Wondering if it's got something to do w/ my recent reading of Dalai Lama books....? ;-P
Old 05-17-2007, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

yes, taking the high road is good karma
Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default What would be definition of a "cruise"? Is driving at maximum speed allowed consired as cruising ...

when everyone else is going faster?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Constant speed while pacing (not overtaking) vehicles in the right lane(s).

I have been known to 'cruise' momentarily in the left lane...but if someone comes up behind at a higher rate, I move over.

Actually, I don't mind if someone wants to stay in the left lane...I usually ride the right anyhow (less radar/laser over there)...but I can't STAND when someone paces the car next to them. If they're going at or above a speed at which I would be cruising, I can stay behind and use them as a 'Statie Shield'. But it drives me absolutely insane when that happens next to a rig or slow moving (<5 mph over) vehicle.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Well, in that case, I'm sorry I honked at someone in the service. But he was still hogging the left

lane.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default when ....

you are lingering in the far left "passing lane" and you are not passing a slower vehicle to your right. this is not meant to be your main travel lane to hang-out with the cruise control on. there are exceptions to this s/a left exits or HOV lanes. the reason some idiots like to hang-out in the left lane is because it is often less crowded. however, the reason the left lane is less crowded is because there are still some drivers, like myself, who understand the rules of the road and obey them!

Quick Reply: after yesterday's road rage post.... i'm just curious...