Anybody use Erie for Auto Insurance? I just called them and was not happy with the result...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you have your brother excluded? I did that with a roomate a couple years ago.

I just filled out a form that specificly excluded him from my policy.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have them, been with them for almost three years.

Had one prior speeding ticket when they wrote the policy, no accidents, and one speeding ticket since. Rates are great, as is service.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How old are you ED?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Well, I just got clarification from my father, my brother was found not guilty on the ticket...so

I wouldn't think that should count. I'm probably going to call a different office anyway. But I do have an at-fault accident earlier this year, a 15mph over ticket and a pending ticket for speed greater than reasonable. I'm pretty sure I'm screwed as far as they go.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Elder Member

Default Well, the accident may be a dealbreaker, the ticket(s) are fine

As for you and your brother, if you are not found guilty of a citation, it should absolutely not be on your driving record.

As for you, since the court date hasn't arrived, I'm 100% sure that ticket cannot be seen on your record.

As for your brother, did he plead not guilty, then plead guilty to a lesser charge? Because either:
a. He was convicted of something, or
b. There was a mistake when his case was filed, and he was convicted even though his case was dismissed.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Yeah...i'm going to call geico, progressive and allstate and see what I can get

What about a federal ticket that I got? I was told they never show up on MD driving records. But what if they check, do they just check your maryland driving record, and even though the points didn't transfer, would the violation itself show up?
Old 12-15-2004, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default some more info . . .

driving records from one state rarely show up in another state. It all depends on whether there's reciprocity, and even then it might not show up. Also, I do know of an insurance company that was creating a database for number of individuals per household, that way when you said you lived at 123 North street, they would already know the answer to "are you currently living with any licensed drivers?" this will definitely raise premiums from a policyholder perspective, but will increase revenue for them.

i am partial to geico because i used to audit their financial statements. as i've previously stated, i currently have erie because i was not allowed geico due to independence issues. I will prob look to switch, but i'm too lazy right now and my rates are really good.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 35

nah...25.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default WTF??!!? 25?!? why the hell am I paying way more than what you're paying!!!

)#(#!$*@& calling Erie now...
Old 12-15-2004, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I actually just signed with them this week. When I called around to get quotes on my new car,

they were the lowest by about $100; Geico was 2nd best. When I combined my auto & renters insurance, my premium dropped by $200 and my renters is only $88/yr. If you don't have renters/owners, might as well get it as the discounts you get for combining your auto & other insurance are worth the additional coverage. On separate note, my quote it still $600 MORE than I could've gotten in Mass. Stupid Baltimore & high crime rates

Quick Reply: Anybody use Erie for Auto Insurance? I just called them and was not happy with the result...