Anyone got an Audi through credit union as supposed to dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got an Audi through credit union as supposed to dealer?

If you have or haven't do you know of any advantages or disadvantages about leasing/buying through them, compared to going to Audi of Alexandria? Were trying to get an A6 2.7T.
Thanks.
-the guy who goes to all that audi **** in a Yukon.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:00 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Two years ago I did...

The interest rate (which affects the money factor) through my credit union was 2% lower than what AFS could offer. No security deposit, no lease inception, no lease termination.

I ended up selling the car (last fall) to someone before the lease was up, and they were VERY easygoing about that. They gladly provided me with a buyout price, and closed out the lease within 24 hours of the credit union receiving money for the car. I'll caution you to read your contract carefully, but hopefully you'll find these same freedoms as well. AFS is a little more difficult if you want to get out in the middle of a lease. I'm not sure how, or even if it's possible to do this with AFS, but I see a lot of people asking, and not many solutions being posted.

BTW, I dealt with Affinity Vehicle Service and my credit union for this lease. I highly recommend Affinity after this experience. I believe most credit unions in NJ handle their leases with Affinity. The one thing I would add...although Affinity will attempt to locate the vehicle for you, you're free to ask what the selling price is, and you're free to attempt to find the car on your own, and negotiate a better price. That's what I did. The only surprise I got was that Affinity marked up the price by about $1K...that was basically their profit for handling the lease (the credit union gets all the interest charges off the lease, not the leasing company).
Old 01-23-2003, 11:58 AM

thanks for your responce, Ill definatly keep this in mind when it comes down to a decision
Old 01-25-2003, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I almost did...

but in the end, the APR offered by SunTrust Bank (through the dealer) was lower, so I went with them.

I bought my previous car ('00 Accord) through my credit union - no probs whatsoever. Selling it while still not completely paid off was a breeze too.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Less of a hassle. I was preapproved before I went to the dealer.

took me all of 30 minutes to purchase the car and leave. Better rate too. Credit Union was having a sale on their auto loan rates.