anyone know the BEST paintless dent repair service around wilmington,de/west chester,pa?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know the BEST paintless dent repair service around wilmington,de/west chester,pa?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Carisma in Frazer PA. No personal experience with them,

but I've heard good things. I know a few dealers including Audi that use them. Not sure if they do what your looking for, might be worth a call. I worked on Bolmar St. in West Chester in the "automotive loop", and I never found a body shop worthy of recomending to someone. I do know lots of places NOT to take your car around there! That doesn't help you though... Carisma was recomended to me, but I'm going to wait until spring for the fix. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:09 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default One of the B5 S4 guys used Carisma for his wife's MDX...

deer strike to the driver's side door. It was restored to >95%...much better than the owner had originally hoped for (looked like it really needed bodywork).
Old 03-07-2006, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

well if you do know of places to NOT take it to..email me so i can avoid them
Old 03-07-2006, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Made a few calls for ya....

Word on the street is that Carisma is the best in the area as far as paint less. Off of Westtown rd by the old Land Rover dealer there is a place called "In Great Detail" they were recommended 2nd. Carisma is notoriously overpriced and IGD is the next best bet. I have no personal references to vouch for IGD's work, however if you want to check them out ask for Craig and tell him Banghart's sent you. As far as the NOT to go to places they all involve paint....If you do need paint work go to Young's on S Bolmar St. Oh yeah also West Chester Imports on the corner of Market & Bolmar has a dent removal guy come by every Friday. From what I hear he charges like $50 a dent, and does good work. Again I have no personal experience with any of these guys but they all come from people I trust.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good to know. I heard they are sometimes pricey, but worth it.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default He mentioned he paid $125-150...

Which seemed VERY reasonable considering the size of the dent. I've been quoted that much for a golf ball sized dent. I can double check my email when I get home...but I'm 99% sure it's the same place.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default thank you very much for the research! i stopped by brandywine coachworks once...

on the way home from work, and he said they have a paintless guy some by if they ask them to. I'm not sure where they're based out of though.

I'm not concerned so much with cost as just getting it done right. Would they have to take off the interior door panel, since my dents are on the door?

I will definitely check out Carisma though.

Thanks again!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have no idea, bodywork is not for me.

Let me know how it goes, if you use them or not. I mean if you go get a quote or whatever. I'm going to visit them when the weather warms up a bit.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sounds good to me, I'm going to use them eventually.

Quick Reply: anyone know the BEST paintless dent repair service around wilmington,de/west chester,pa?