Anything similar to TrackDaze that runs events within range of DC over the summer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default see i didn't find the suspension on the Speed3 I test drove to be overly stiff...

infact, I thought it was kinda soft, and had a tendency to plow.

When my brother test drove one, w/ 5 people in the car it would bottom out and rub in the back!

we were trying to see how it compared to my dad's SVT Focus, and other than having a lot more power, its handling def wasn't equal.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default While you are entitled to your opinion...[Caution: long]

...your information is not correct. Not that i feel i have to explain ourselves, but i will because you are portraying our events as un-safe. Which is news to me considering the only thing you told me as you left at the end of the event was you really enjoyed yourself.

Safety has always been our #1 concern. We have come close to stopping an event due to un-safe actions from participants as well as track provided workers, and until today we have yet to ever receive a comment back about any of our events being un-safe.

Yes we did combine the groups back in August 07 after advertising a separate Beginner and Novice group. What you may not be aware of was that everyone in your group had almost the same experience and were grouped very similarly to ACNA's Beginner run group. The combined Beginner/Novice group had a cut off of 6 track days.

The reason for combining the groups was because the run groups did not fill past a safe level. With our staff's combined experience of over 30 years of high performance driving, we have come to find out that the risk for accidents increases dramatically when the number of cars on track in a run group decreases.

The smaller amount of cars on a long track such as VIR allows even the less experienced drivers to continue to pick up more and more speed that they would not normally obtain in a full run group. Picking up speed lap after lap starts to push the driver and their vehicle beyond their limits. There's a big difference between having your brakes fade as a Novice and having them fade as an Intermediate driver.

Another thing i think you fail to realize is that not every "Track Day" is geared towards the same purpose and type of driver. Some are for recreational track enthusiasts, some driving safety and car control, others like NASA are truly purpose built for racing. The mentality and pace of these events differs dramatically.

We did make quite a few changes at the end of last year and we now offer only 3 student run groups with new criteria for each. We are always working towards improving our program, and each event possess new challenges, but coordinating a large event of any type is no easy task.

We always welcome comments and feedback both positive and negative, as it will only serve to help our organization grow.

-Jeremy
Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM

Default Opinion is all I have...

I can see there was a lot of fun and experience to be had in the higher run groups. I think TrackDaze should advertise itself as an event for more seasoned drivers, maybe cut green and/or yellow groups entirely and concentrate on seat time. But hey, that's again just my silly opinion.

I'm not sure you remember our conversations both days about this. I left with frustration after driving at the end of constant trains, receiving pass signals all over the place by drivers who would swerve into the passing side, and a lot of close calls and potential for a mess.

Green group was on the track the first morning with little class, a lot of attitude, and no skid pad experience. Closing speeds for us in the yellow were ridiculous. I just wished I had known the groups would have been combined ahead of time so I could have requested a higher group (which you denied at the track, your call even though I was at your #days cutoff and had instructor's support) or skipped the event.

I can only imagine the logistics of juggling safety, fun, and customer satisfaction that you do. This is just my experience at one event. I just didn't see much safety and fun in the way things worked out and left with a bad feeling.

Thanks for a good response. Hope to see you at the track again, TrackDaze has a good selection of events planned at great tracks and I hope we all have a safe and fast year.

Dave