Believe this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Believe this?

The day before xmas I drove up to my mom's house in catonsville. I had the S on a trailer still in track trim from VIR. I left it parked there for an hour while I went to the mall to finish up some Christmas shopping...... lo and behold when I return there is a parking ticket taped to the trailer! The neighbors said that a hospital employee who works at a halfway house down the street called the police to complain about parking. The Cop wrote me a $50 ticket for parking a large trailer on the street. I looked up the county parking codes on the Balto County website and printed them out. After taking them to the police station and asking a few questions, it looks like I will have to fight it in court..... figures, it will cost me more to fight it than it will cost to pay it!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sux man - i feel your pain

i got a $56 ticket for "parking in an unmarked crosswalk" one weekend. No no parking sign or anything. A woman who parked across who was clearly in "No Parking" area got one too. Pisser was hers was for $25. I was also pissed b/c i knew i was not taking the half day off to fight it.....I chalked it up to the price of having a nice car - the parking cops see a nice car and say "that person can afford it."
Old 12-26-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Ugh. I was just gonna park mine on a Parkville street for a couple days.

I hope I don't have to go through the same crap as you
Old 12-27-2005, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We have a neighbor like that; he was renovating without a permit so the County got a phonecall...

...If I have to follow the rules/laws as strictly as he suggests, then so does he. Usually I live and let live, but this guy needs a dose of his own medicine.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Toss a bunch of little zip lock baggies and suringes around the halfway house. Call the police and c

complain. Fire with fire
Old 12-27-2005, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Come on Drew, remember the free parking offer? It's still open.

Hope things are going well for you and you get to take some time off.

Jim
Old 12-27-2005, 11:32 AM

Default hehe

if I get anymore ideas I gonna get in trouble...
Old 12-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Default I looked up the actual regulation online...

The Balto County website has a link to the 2003 code of regs, with updates thru 2005. The official online reg says you can park it for 48 hrs. When I went to the police station the "traffic expert" told me that there was no time specified and that it was up to the officer

BTW I think its humerous that they totally dismiss the Countys website... quote" oh that never gets updated" even though it says 2005 specifically!<ul><li><a href="http://www.amlegal.com/baltimoreco_md/">http://www.amlegal.com/baltimoreco_md/</a</li></ul>