Can yr insurance pay the other and not notify you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can yr insurance pay the other and not notify you?

Just found out that a report from some database that all ins. companies use shows a payment my company made to another company for an accident I had in the past.

Problem is I haven't accepted my fault and the last time I've heard from my insurance they were backing me up against the other party (minor accident, no police report was filed to my knowledge).
Old 01-13-2006, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My experience is that they won't pay w/out notifying you.

We have Allstate. My wife was in an accident and fault was disputed. We said they were at fault and vice-versa. The insurance companies submitted to arbitration, and fault could not be determined. Each side paid for their own damage. Allstate kept us informed every step of the way.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had the exact opposite experience with Allstate years ago

And by years ago, I'm talking 1991 when I had a little fender bender. Everything was supposed to be determined as no-fault and both parties each pay for their own damage. Then the guy claimed medical damage, went to the hospital, and my insurance company paid out $3,800 for him and I never found out until a couple of months later when they dropped us (was still on a family policy at the time as I was 17).

My dad had to contest it all and take it to some insurance appeals office up in Baltimore to get it reversed.

Now again, this was a long time ago, so things may have changed.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:13 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I've never been notified in the past...

2x's in the last 4 years. I knew they paid. Once because I was in my agents office asking questions, and they had to look it up, and the other because I was blantantly at fault. But I've never received a call or letter informing me that they made payments. (state farm btw)