For f*cks sake!!! <Verizon rant>

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For f*cks sake!!! <Verizon rant>

OK, I always dread a visit to Verizon because their staff is always in SUCH a great mood and SO helpful.

This afternoon, K and I go to the local hellhole to do a few things:
1) Get her a new phone (her contract has been up and she's eligible for a discount)
2) get her a new, local number (was baltimore and long distance for me)
3) add her phone onto my account as a family plan (one bill for $70 instead of two for $60).

We get there at 4, leave at 5:45...typical. During the visit we explain EXACLTY what we'd like to do to FOUR different staff members...each of which had the attitude that I just f*cked their sister.

After an hour, the 4th (and final) guy hands us our phones and says 'OK, your all se...oh wait, awww mannnn!' He programmed my phone with K's new number and K's phone with my number...another 30 minutes pass and we're walking out the door. I call her phone...rings...OK. She calls my phone...rings....OK. All is good...or is it?

As Gomer was setting up our phones and taking our monies...I asked if K needs to setup her voicemail again, including password. He says ' No...oh, umm...Yea, just hold 1 and follow the prompts to reset the password.' OK, sounds simple. We get home, K tries to setup her Vmail to no avail...I try, enter 3 wrong passwords and get the prompt 'Incorrect passwords...connecting to password reset option...' And the call ends...I tried 3 times with the same result. So I think, let me call her new number and see what kind of answering message I get...which brings me to the next clusterf*ck in this tragic comedy...

I call her phone, rings...rings...rings...'We're sorry, the service you have reached is unavailable...Godobye'. Mutherf*cker with a thistle teet! So I have K call my phone...no ring, just 'We're sorry, the number youve dialed is not in service'. Kick my *** with a Buick!!!!...how goddamn hard is it to get this sh*t straight!?!??!?! My phone is all of a sudden activated under K's old DEACTIVATED number!!!!!!!

So better believe I'm marching my *** (bug up it and all) and two sh*t-fore phones in tomorrow a.m. And no way that snotty princess is gonna take my name and have me waste another hour of my life for someone who cares less about me.

Humans weren't meant to live like this. :/
Old 08-02-2006, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain. Sprint PCS store employees are no better.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default But wait, it gets BETTER....

Not only is my number effectively deactivated, but K just got a voicemail prompt on her phone...she checks it but can't log in due to incorrect password. Wait a mitute....they CAN'T be that incompetant. YUP!! They transferred MY voicemail to K's new number!!...I can't breath.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

Wow, thank god you don't have nextel!
Old 08-02-2006, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default make them upgrade your phones to the one you want for nothing

after they get it fixed.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:19 PM

Default That really sucks.

Everytime I go to the verizon store it has always been really good. Which one did you go to?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What are you talking about?

Every time I have phone issues, I just give them to my wife, and voila! Taken care of. ;o)
Old 08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default [UPDATE] After an hour+ on the phone...they're still worthless...

Long story short, cause I have to go kick some puppies:
K's phone was reset to her old, Baltimore number...unacceptable.
My number is back, but my voicemail is now K's NEW phone numbers voicemail.
...you know now why I drink.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Wow....

you still have 15 days to cancel both of your plans, after that experience, I would do it. That is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

avoid the rockville store like the plague.

Quick Reply: For f*cks sake!!! <Verizon rant>