Got a reckless driving this morning on my way to work, any advice? -- UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Got a reckless driving this morning on my way to work, any advice? -- UPDATE

Since I recently got new turbos I wanted to open it up for a short time to make sure everything is working well and assembled correctly.

Unfortunaltly it was section of the road where cop was in unmarked car.

He pulled me over and said I was doing 118 in 55 clocked with laser on dulles toll road and reckless driving.

Two questions:

What kind of fines and points can I expect?

What should I do in the court. What is the best strategy to defend?

I did a bit research and this what I was charged with: Virginia Code Section 46.2-862

(1) Speeding 20+ over the posted speed limit;

§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit - A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit where the applicable speed limit is thirty miles per hour or less, (ii) at a speed of sixty miles per hour or more where the applicable maximum speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour, (iii) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limits where the applicable maximum speed limit is forty miles per hour or more, or (iv) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit).

(2) Driving over 80 mph.

§ 46.2-862 Exceeding speed limit - A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit where the applicable speed limit is thirty miles per hour or less, (ii) at a speed of sixty miles per hour or more where the applicable maximum speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour, (iii) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limits where the applicable maximum speed limit is forty miles per hour or more, or (iv) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit).

Thanks,
D.<ul><li><a href="http://novaattorneys.com/traffic.htm#WhatIs">usefull link with information on reckles driving</a></li></ul>
Old 03-24-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You're lucky they didn't handcuff you.

You should seriously consult w/ a lawyer rather than us. I'm sure there will be a big fine and thats it. Also depends on your driving record.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's one road you do not want to speed!

yea get a lawyer, you are very lucky to be at work right now.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:17 AM

Default holy crap

thats no good...sorry to hear that.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:19 AM

albo-oblon.com.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're going to jail. I'm surprised they didn't take you on the spot.

Usually at 100MPH +, they take you on the spot. Get in touch with the attorney I used.

It's usually a day for every mile over 90MPH, but they usually suspend a bulk of the sentence. But for 118MPH, I'm not sure what they'll do.

Whenever you go to court, get a ride there and tell work you need time off, maybe a week. They'll cuff you and stuff you right from the courtroom.

I'm not trying to be a ***** by saying all this. I'm just giving you what I've honestly seen from court. I've had two reckless driving tickets myself, so has my brother, so have two of my friends. I've been to Fairfax County courts lots of times, and this is what I've seen all the judges do.

Good luck.<ul><li><a href="http://www.boselawfirm.com">Bose Law Firm</a></li></ul>
Old 03-24-2006, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Damn
Old 03-24-2006, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Jim, talk to your lawyer and see if you can get some referral fees or something! :)

you are referring him a lot of business!!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I know!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry about that. In addition to what's been said about jail, you're going to lose your license

for a minumum of 30 to 60 days, and it could be on the order of 6 months. Good luck.

I'd speak with both the Bose law firm and Albo &amp; Oblon. My wife had a good experience with Albo and Oblon for a reckless speeding charge.

Quick Reply: Got a reckless driving this morning on my way to work, any advice? -- UPDATE