I picked up my car from the body shop a month ago and i'm still finding things wrong with it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I picked up my car from the body shop a month ago and i'm still finding things wrong with it...

Well when I first picked it up it had a few screws missing from the fender liners and that large plastic piece under it was hanging on by 3 or 4 fastners. They fixed it and I was on my way. A week later I had to go back because they installed my headlights incorrectly. They couldn't figure out the problem and told me to deal with it(*******s). So I took it up to Induktion, and they figured out the problem in 5 mins. Big ups to Induktion. Anyway, another week passed then I noticed some more screws missing around the front bumper. I was pissed, so I took it back and they replaced them. I told them that this type of work was unacceptable. Then low and behold after getting flashed while i was using my damn foglights for the first time the other night, I noticed that something was wrong with them. They were broken, the inner reflector is just sitting in it. I'm going up there tomorrow morning to yell at them and get it fixed. What should I do about this shop? Write a letter? File a complaint with the BBB? All advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Start by telling us the name here, then

Let them know about the bad press on the forum, perhaps supply a url. Should such a thing not deter them I would suggest one of the following depending on the type of shop...

1. Go with a group of large angry men and kic... er, wait I can't endorse that and Audi owners just aren't scary enough...

2. Talk to an owner only. No point in yelling at some dumbass mechanic with no say and whose paycheck will still be written to him even after a good lashing. Let the owner know that in addition to the bad press that you're considering your options, be they bad press related, BBB, perhaps legal should the screw up endanger you or other motorists. Just let them know you're not happy and plotting. Usually that's enough. Something in that list will put the fear of god into them.

And if it doesn't work, then go from there and hatch a plot to make their business hell.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With THAT type of service received...

...post the name. That's all you need to do for starters.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:16 AM

Default Master Crafters Auto, Inc...

Now they have done it. They are located in Rockville, behind Auto Centro. When I went up there this morning to talk to the top dog, they didn't even open the door until 810am, then he sat me down for 5 mins while that chatted. That really made me angry. Once they were finished, The gentleman took a look at it and started blaming me for the damages. I understand that I void their worthless warranty by taking it apart and looking at it but the **** was broken. Say you were swapping out a bulb, even that would void the warranty. Anyway, he started yelling at me and getting defensive. As I mentioned all of the other problems he just shoved me off and told me that I broken everything and lost all of the screws. (I'm still trying to calm down from that) Workmanship was poor, paint was poor, and to top it off customer service SUCKS. Dam Master Crafters Auto, Inc!!! If you care about your car, you would NOT take it there. Pass the word. These guys should not be in business!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:20 AM

Default what started it all...

Some bitch backed into the front of my car. So there was front end damage to the sum of $3000. The shop replaced the front bumper cover and my headlights and repaired the hood and passenger fender.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If this was paid by insurance and the Ins Co recommended this place make sure you report it to them.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:50 AM

Default thanks for the info...

They are hopefully on their way to solving this problem.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good luck. I despise dealing with situations like this.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Next step...

<ul><li><a href="http://www.bbb.com">send a friendly note...</a></li></ul>
Old 08-11-2004, 06:48 PM

gracias senor!

Quick Reply: I picked up my car from the body shop a month ago and i'm still finding things wrong with it...